It’s finally 2022, and although we anticipated a better year for all of us, it didn't exactly start out the greatest. New stressors continue to challenge us, and it's an undersatement to say that we need to be physically and mentally prepared for those. One way to do that is by practicing self-care. This looks different for every person, but in general, these practices promote healthy well-being.
If you don't know how and where to start, continue reading to see different lifestyle TikTokers who will inspire you to prioritize self-care. In watching their videos, it’s key to recognize that self-care doesn't have a single image or aesthetic. Not everyone who follows a solid routine or lives a healthy lifestyle needs to be stereotypically “aesthetic.” In all honesty, what truly matters is that one is properly taking care of themselves.
WATCH: TikTokers who will inspire you to practice self-care
1. @katelynnnolann creates beautifully-edited "routine" videos showcasing her journaling tips, mediation routine, workouts, and healthy recipes, too.
2. @janicabuhain takes care of herself in many different ways like eating right, working out, dancing, doing skincare, and putting on make-up.
4. @thatsmikka is an advocate for body positivity, and we're all for it! Not only does she post empowering self-care content, she also has useful fashion tips for plus-size girls.
3. The videos of @virgohabits prove that slow and steady wins the race. Self-care isn't constantly fast-paced, and this is seen in her calming yet motivating routines.
5. @gabbyamateurlifts is a med student who will teach you a thing or two about exericsing well and eating nutritious food. Seeing snippets from her well-rounded lifestyle can motivate you to do the same, too.
6. @itsjosebastian will give you the much-needed energy boost. Although self-care is not always "happy," this registered nutritionist-dietician will convince you to put on a smile and move your body to get out of a funk!
7. @zbarrera_ will inspire you to go for a minimal and "clean" aesthetic, if you're looking for a way to declutter your life. She serves as an example that less is more!
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!