When you’ve got different Christmas reunions lined up with different groups of people, knowing what to wear can prove to be quite the dilemma.
But it's your lucky day because celebrity stylist and fashion icon Liz Uy gave out a pretty simple idea if you want to look dressy with minimal effort: “[Wear] anything that shimmers,” says the founder of styling company StyLIZed, adding that it doesn’t even have to be loud or colorful. “Let’s say if you’ve got a classic style, you can try [other] fabrics [like] silk or satin.
“[Get a] black [top] but in velvet…It looks festive!” shares Liz during the launch of R.A.F.'s 2019 holiday collection. Silk, satin, and velvet are textured fabrics that subtly shine, giving your look that polished appearance.
From satin slip dresses to silk V-neck tops, here are textured pieces that are fit for whatever style you may have:
1. This neutral skirt with a shiny satin finish will be wearable even way past the holidays. Style it with a white tee or blouse.
ZARA Pleated Satin Finish Skirt Details P2295, available online
2. How about some co-ords that you can re-wear separately after the holiday parties?
3. A satin slip dress will work for both cozy, casual dinners and office Christmas parties.
4. If you lean towards the conservative side, this black turtleneck dress with satin sleeves is just as versatile and chic as a slip dress.
ZARA Satin-Finish Contrast Dress Details, P2295, available online
5. Got a laidback style? Here's a more festive version of a V-neck shirt that you can easily pair with your jeans for casual get-togethers:
MANGO V-Neck T-Shirt, P1295, available online
*This story originally appeared on FemaleNetwork.com. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.