Pantone just announced that Classic Blue is the official color of 2020, and we’re already thinking of how to incorporate it into our outfits. Described as "a timeless and enduring blue hue elegant in its simplicity," the calming shade is easy to wear, making it versatile enough for everyday fare and formal occasions. Plus, we find that the primary color is palatable for all ages, so we’re sure everyone from Gen Z to boomers will be sporting the trend (as compared to the Pantone’s previous pastel picks).
Here are some fabulous ways you could wear 2020’s It color—courtesy of our local celebrities—so you, too, could welcome the new year in style!
1. Ever the belle of the ball, Heart Evangelista looks regal in this voluminous gown.
2. Alex Gonzaga pairs a ribboned bustier top with ‘50s-inspired cropped trousers for a modern feminine look.
3. Liz Uy turns up the shine with a snazzy sequined dress, toned down with casual sunglasses.
4. Isabelle Daza presents an idea for eternal summer girls out there: a floral sundress matched with strappy sandals.
5. This monochromatic pantsuit donned by Pia Wurtzbach is the semi-formal outfit idea you’ve been looking for.
6. An easy everyday look care of Kelsey Merritt: jeans with a dressy halter mock-neck top.
7. Inject the trend into your beachwear like Maja Salvador.
8. Classic blue will add a pop of color to an otherwise dull athleisure look, as proven by Martine Ho.
9. Imbibe the freedom of the sea through similar blue hues as seen on Laureen Uy.
10. See how Kryz Uy rocked a cozy blue sweater and dressed it down with a mini skirt.
11. Yes, you can wear prints to weddings. Take cues from Tricia Gosingtian who effortlessly flaunted a floral frock with ruffles and a floor-length hemline.