If there's one drink that became even more popular during quarantine, it's Yakult. It's refreshing, sweet, plus you can drink it in one go like a shot. (No? Just me? Okay then.) Another great thing about it is you can pair it with lots of other food and drinks to create new inventions, like Yakult ice cream, Yakult + soju cocktail, among many others!
For your next quarantine food experiment, you need to try out this Yakult milk tea recipe that's super easy to do at home! Check out the step-by-step tutorial by Grumpy When Hungry (relatable username, BTW) below:
- Your favorite tea bag
- 1 bottle of Yakult
Optional (for your milk tea sinkers):
- Fruit-flavored jelly candies
- Tapioca balls
- Boil water and pour it into a mug. Place your favorite tea bag and let it brew for three to five minutes. Set it aside.
- If you want sinkers in your milk tea, prepare it now. Grumpy When Hungry sliced up lychee-flavored jelly candies for their version, but you can use whatever you have in your pantry.
- Pour your sinkers and brewed tea in a mug.
- Add some milk.
- Empty out an entire Yakult bottle on to the mug.
- Stir your drink and taste it. You can either add more milk or sugar to make it as creamy or as sweet as you'd like.
*This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.