Can’t seem to keep up with kids these days? The mom-genes are probably beginning to rub off on you from wearing those mom jeans.
1. You're becoming more and more forgetful.
You suck at recalling dates and names. You've found yourself saying "What's the name of that guy from 500 Days of Summer again? I know there's a J there. Jason? Joe?"
2. You're becoming more judgmental.
That guy right there at the corner of the restaurant wearing a cap, a loose shirt, and has a sleeve tattoo? The sight of him now makes you uncomfortable. You think of leaving the restaurant or you just watch over your things more carefully.
3. You have a drugstore in your bag.
Your medicine kit is complete with lozenges and pills for diarrhea, indigestion, nausea, headaches, and allergies. And you also have ointments to keep mosquitoes away or to alleviate the itchiness of a bite.
4. You don't leave the house without a shawl or cardigan to keep you warm.
You never know how cold it'll get in the mall and at night! You also have a mini umbrella in your bag just in case it rains.
5. You say "Sabi ko sa 'yo eh," or "I told you so," "Because I said so," "Kids these days," "You'll understand when you get older," and "You should have _____."
You hated all these lines when you were growing up, but now you say them to your friends, your younger relatives, even to your boyfriend. You don't always like it when you say it and you know you sound annoying, but you feel like it's hard not to. You feel like you have so much wisdom.
6. You get the toiletries in hotels and packs of sugar and a bunch of toothpicks in restaurants.
They were there for you to use anyway, and they're free!
7. You don't understand kids’ linggo these days.
You've found yourself asking a friend or Googling "What does ‘carps’ and ‘shark’' mean?"
8. You can't find your way through new apps or social media platforms.
What do all these icons on Snapchat mean? You're just too impatient to learn it yourself; you don't have time for that.
9. You don't want anyone wasting food.
Food is a blessing! People should be more grateful, you think.
10. You sleep early.
For you, 10pm is already late. Your bedtime is now 8 or 9pm and other people get home at 2am? That's crazy!
11. You hate mess.
You hate having to clean up after people, like throwing your boyfriend's potato chip wrapper because it was just lying on the kitchen counter.
12. You're shocked by the way kids date and dress up these days.
So much skin!
13. Telling your friends and your boyfriend: "Text me when you get home."
You got this from your protective mom who wants updates on where you are and what you're doing just to make sure you're alive and safe. And that rubbed off on you because you realized that crazy things can happen to people, and that fact makes you worry.
14. Believing you're always right.
Well, you are! Okay, so this isn't a good thing and you know it. But it does apply to you now. You think you've learned all there is to learn in your 20s and you can now give good advice to younger people, tell them what to do, or if you're more extreme, to make all their decisions for them.
This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Stylebible.ph editors.
Images from Giphy