When one speaks of the terno, we immediately think of the Filipiniana costume we used to wear at school during Linggo ng Wika. But mind you, this locally made dress is more than that. In fact, it's a stylish option when attending gatherings and social events. Still need more convincing? We spotted these local celebrities wearing modern ternos at the first ever TernoCon. Time to take style notes, ladies!
1. Wear the terno in a trendy color, like millennial pink.
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
2. Make the piece easier to wear in the city by choosing lightweight materials.
3. Be resourceful with your choice of fabric. Take cues from this terno made out of hundreds of neoprene loops.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
4. Opt for structured details for a statuesque look.
5. Cutouts can make your terno more modern and a tad less conservative.