The much-awaited ABS-CBN Ball 2019 has finally arrived! Before the red carpet event even began, someone already went ahead and served serious looks. Enter queen Pia Wurtzbach, who, a mere hour prior to the big night, posted three decadent looks of herself in Modern Filipiniana. Check 'em out!
1. For her first look, designer Anthony Ramirez says he was inspired by mother of pearl, a decor element present in traditional Philippine furniture and jewelry. He used barong fabric on the sleeves—pina, jusi, and cocoon fabrics from the Visayas region. The bodice is decked in pearls and Swarovski crystals.
2. This elaborate, feathered Jo Rubio terno may have been posted second, but it's definitely first in Prohibition-era glam, paired with a swingin' fingerwaved 'do and Art Deco-style danglers.
3. Lady in red! Pia's third pre-ball look was a stunning scarlet piece featuring intricate rose-like draping, also by Jo. We think it's equal parts sensual, sultry, and ballroom-appropriate demure. Isn't she blooming?
4. Just when we thought she was through, Pia busted out yet another ornate 'fit—this time in generous, ruffled peach tiers!
5. She ain't stopping. Number five is an iridescent, pleated, bustier-style frock boasting of a thigh-high slit and belt-cinched waist.
6. We've fallen completely for this cloudlike, minimalist sixth entry that's a soft mint green. Also, points for that party in the back.
More from our ABS-CBN Ball 2019 coverage here: