It’s no secret that we’re utterly obsessed with Seo Ye Ji’s character in It’s Okay to Not Be Okay. Every fiber of our being perks up with delight each time she shows up on the screen with a jawdropping OOTD. There’s really no doubt about it: Kim Soo Hyun’s new leading lady is up there on our list of most fashionable K-drama characters.
That said, we can’t help but be reminded of the legendary Cheon Song-yi. (Remember her? Of course you do!) Way before the world fell in love with Seo Ye Ji as IOTNBO’s inimitable Ko Mun-yeong, we were first beguiled by Kim Soo Hyun’s leading lady in My Love from the Star—yes, we’re talking about the Jun Ji Hyun, who flawlessly portrayed the role of Cheon Song-yi, a top Hallyu actress who crossed paths with an alien. The massively popular drama was a global success that sparked major fashion and beauty trends worldwide (YSL’s Rouge Pur Couture lipstick in No. 52 Rosy Coral flew off the shelves as soon as news broke that she wore it on the show), what with Song-yi being perpetually clad in the latest designer threads from head to toe. She wore a bevy of fresh-off-the-runway pieces, ranging from Balmain, to Chanel, to Dolce & Gabbana, and more.
Need a refresher on some of Jun Ji Hyun's most noteworthy designer looks in My Love from the Star? Check them out below.
1. When Do Min-joon and Cheon Song-yi met for the first time on the elevator, the actress was sporting a rock star-worthy look featuring a glossy jacket and a brown leather skirt both from Balmain, plus a pair of suede ankle boots from Jimmy Choo. So chic and edgy!
2. Remember this hilarious scene where her stylist pointed out that she was “overdressed” for a drama role? It still cracks us up until now. But for the record, she was in fact wearing head-to-toe Chanel: Her cap-toe pumps, Barbie pink tweed ensemble, brooch, diamond earrings, pearl bracelet and necklace were all from the French fashion house.
3. Speaking of unforgettable Chanel looks she sported in the show, this dainty outfit's appearance was short and sweet. But even so, don't you think we wouldn't recognize that Cruise 2013-2014 runway look even from a mile away!
4. Not one to show her enemies a sign of weakness even though she’s hit rock bottom in her career, Cheon Song-yi made sure she dressed to impress for this meeting. Her weapon of choice? A statement bow shirt and black trousers from Dolce & Gabbana, coupled with Ralph Lauren’s black coat and thigh-high boots. Power!
5. Cheon Song-yi wore this outfit thinking she’s going on her first date with Do Min-joon. And while it turned out to be a heartbreaking scene, her look definitely wasn’t. After all, she was clad in head-to-toe Ralph Lauren!
6. When they did finally go on a date, Cheon Song-yi chose this powder blue coat and matching bag from Celine, which she finished off with Giuseppe Zanotti buckle strap sandals and a pair of dangling earrings.
7. She’s not the type to slack around in boring clothes when she’s at home, mind you. This pambahay OOTD was brought to you by Gucci! It costs $2,700 or approximately P133,000. No biggie.
8. Need another example? Another pambahay lewk we just can’t get over with is this JW Anderson ensemble, which she wore on a confrontation scene with Yoo Se-mi (Yoo In Na).
9. Even your grocery shopping OOTD has nothing on this K-drama leading lady! Cheon Song-yi’s outfit features a salmon pink coat, pencil skirt, and clutch from Burberry; a pair of bow back pumps from Lanvin; sunglasses from Dolce & Gabbana; and leopard print scarf from Jill Stuart. So yeah, you do the math.
10. There’s nothing about this look that screams “support role.” While her acting career suffered because of controversies, Cheon Song-yi’s wardrobe remained immaculate and fit for a lead star. Case in point: this pink leather jacket from Thomas Wylde, paired with Giuseppe Zanotti leopard booties and oversized sunnies from Balmain.
11. Last but not the least, we were completely charmed by this head-to-toe Chloe ensemble, a look that literally came straight off the French fashion house's Fall 2013 runway.
It's been over six years since this series wrapped up, but Cheon Song-yi is still no doubt one of the most stylish leading ladies that the history of K-drama has ever seen! BRB, planning to binge-watch My Love from the Star all over again for the nth time!
You can stream "My Love from the Star" on Viu and Netflix.