Truth be told, we're always on the lookout for travel tips that make life easier. Especially when they involve getting the most out of your luggage space. That's why when we came across this video, we just had to take notes.
In the video below, YouTuber Aja Dang shows you how to pack a whopping 14 outfits into a carry on bag. How? Read on!
Make sure each piece can make at least two outfits with the other pieces you're bringing. Decide on a color theme for your capsule wardrobe and stick to it!
2. Wear your heavy items.
When luggage space is crucial, wear your heaviest or bulkiest items (usually your coat or shoes) when on the plane.
3. Layer up.
Layering gives the wearer infinite options. Whenever you want to switch up your look, simply wear one piece on top of another and you have a completely new outfit.
4. Take pictures of your outfits.
When you're rushing to catch the bus, styling an OOTD-worthy look is the furthest thing from your mind. To save you the grief, style your outfits before your trip (remember to consider your itinerary!) and take pictures on your phone. That way, you can easily pick out what to wear without having to try anything on.
5. Follow a packing list.
In her video, Aja outlines this simple list:
- 3 bottoms: Skirt, jeans, slacks
- 2 outerwear: One dressy, one casual
- 3 pairs of shoes: Boots/heels (your dressy option), walking shoes (like sneakers), workout shoes (if you don't plan on working out, skip this item and save on space!)
- 4 tops: Tshirt, button-down, knitted option, dressy top
Check out the video below to see what combinations you can come up with. Happy packing!