Workwear apparel appears to be the latest affinity of stylistas everywhere. Labels like Dickies, Carhartt, and Diesel are becoming recurring characters in the cool girl's 2022 wardrobe, resulting in 'fits that undeniably give off that gritty yet charming '90s energy.
In our local pool of style stars, we have Chie Filomeno to look to for inspo on how to rock the early aughts lewk. In particular, the actress-dancer seems to have a surplus of Dickies 874 pants in her closet, which she styles in a sexy and ultra-flattering way: After putting them on, she folds over the waistband, creating a medium-rise silhouette that also shows off the brand's logo. It takes the trousers from "work" to "werk!" in no time!
To see how she does it, check out her OOTDs below:
How Chie Filomeno Styles Dickies 874 Pants
1. Going for an all-black 'fit will instantly turn on your vixen mode. Take it from Chie, who rocked a cropped halter top with her Dickies. Adding a bit more cool-girl flair to the look were a pair of Nike Air Jordans and a designer arm candy.
2. The humble tank top also teams well with the workwear staple. Chie's tip: When you're already showing off your tummy by folding over the pants, it's best to go all the way with cropped tops.
3. The 26-year-old couldn't resist copping a pair of Dickies in white as well. Keeping things monochromatic, she wore it with a ribbed bralette and a matching Balenciaga Le Cagole.
4. Bustier tops are all the rage as of the moment, so, of course, Chie would rock one with her faithful black 874s.
5. Turn heads at your next night-out by coupling a super flattering corset top (this royal blue one Chie has is by Just Bonita) with your folded over Dickies. Tote a monogram handbag and you're set to dance the night away in style!
Convinced to give a pair of Dickies a spin? Here's a pair you can check out right now:
Men's Original 874 Work Pants in Black, $29.99 (approximately P1499.50), DICKIES, dickies.com
Hey, Preview readers! Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Tiktok, and Twitter to stay up to speed on all things trendy and creative. We’ll curate the most stylish feed for you!