While we've said our indefinite goodbyes to dalgona coffee and other quarantine trends, it looks like the Y2K fad isn't budging anytime soon. Style cues from the aughts seemed to have permeated so deep into every fashion girl's wardrobe, with low-waisted jeans and baby tees having become wardrobe mainstays.
As of late, we've spotted a couple of influencers donning a usually robust pair of bottoms in a particularly sultry way. Believe it or not, Dickies work pants—yes, the ones you used to see in those magazine catalogs from way back when—are now the newest addition to the cool girl wardrobe!
More specifically, the ladies we saw are copping the Men's Original 874 Work Pants in black. The baggy cut of these trousers create that charming "borrowed-it-from-my-boyfriend" look, which you can totally do if you don't feel like buying a pair for yourself.
Men's Original 874 Work Pants in Black, $29.99 (approximately P1499.50), DICKIES, dickies.com
Though, rather than simply putting them on, these content creators fancy folding over the waistline of the pants, showing off both the iconic Dickies logo printed inside, as well as their toned tummies. The result is a medium-waisted silhouette that adds a whole lot of 90s to 2000s-inspired flair to their 'fits. To see how they pull it off, keep scrolling.
LOOK: How influencers are styling their Dickies work pants
1. Ashley Garcia is practically an ambassador of Y2K fashion, and she never disappoints with her 'fits. Here, she went for a B&W ensemble featuring a cropped tank, an oversized leather jacket, sneakers, and, of course, the Dickies pants.
2. Another girl we can always count on for streetwear OOTD inspo is Trisha Diaz De Rivera. She teamed her loose pair of Dickies with a royal blue tube top and the quintessential pair of cool-girl shoes, Nike Air Jordans.
3. Jamina Cruz is also fond of dressing like her favorite 2000s rom-com characters. She shows that an easy way to style the workwear bottoms is to couple it with a simple baby tee. Cute!
4. For a night-out, Jamina decided to sport the pants with a cropped black cardigan layered over an itty-bitty white tank top. We can already see her busting a move in this look!
5. Not missing out on the trend was Chie Filomeno, who wore her Dickies with a figure-flattering halter top. Offsetting the head-to-toe black 'fit were her red Air Jordans and Dior monogram handbag.
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!
Hey, Preview readers! Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Tiktok, and Twitter to stay up to speed on all things trendy and creative. We’ll curate the most stylish feed for you!