Quarantine has varied effects on fashion girls. There are those who took this opportunity to create DIY photo shoots at home, while others have taken to dressing up to the nines every single day just because they can. Well, categories aside, we noticed a common thread among quarantine-dazed local style mavens: SWIMWEAR. Yup, while common folk have been putting about their bedrooms in years-old pambahay shirts and baggy shorts, the more sartorially adventurous have been strutting around their homes in nothing but their best swimsuits!
I have personally tried this myself and I am never looking back—swimsuits are just so presko and comfy, thanks to the quick-dry fabric. Plus, you can mix it with other casual pieces for a more refined look. Think of it as a fashionable cheat to beat the heat! Check out all the celebrities who have hopped on the trend to get started:
1. Take cues from the queen of luxurious pambahay Heart Evangelista, who paired a Gucci bikini with workout leggings and an unbuttoned guipere lace blouse for daintiness. Matching Gucci woven hat, optional!
2. Ever the summer girl, Sofia Andres went the rustic route in a Bohemian print swimsuit paired with white linen bottoms and a straw boater hat. An effortlessly stylish look!
3. Who says bikinis can’t be worn at home? Be inspired by kween Nadine, who ingeniously wore her black triangle bikini top with a minimalist blazer and matching trousers made with what appears to be rayon fabric.
4. Lovi Poe dresses according to her mood. For her swimwear pambahay lewk, she channels a playful spirit in colorful stripes and a Monsters University baseball cap! Swap the denim jacket for a linen button-down for a warm weather-friendly look.
5. When the heat is unbearable (it usually is), make like Camille Co who literally chilled by her refrigerator in nothing but a one-piece swimsuit. We love its striped print and lace-up neckline, which make it easy to style as a top!
6. Rei Germar nixed the typical bathrobe ensemble during her me-time in favor of psychedelic, tie dye swimwear. Yup, we are so trying this out!
7. If you're a minimalist like Ida Anduyan, know that you can retain your aesthetic even with swimwear. Try something different by opting for fresh pastels or muted colors instead of black and white!
8. For days when you prefer not to show too much skin, slip into a roomy shirt like Lissa Kahayon, who went for warm, tonal dressing in a terracotta red tee and a rust bikini bottom!
9. No need to wait for a beach trip to test run your recently purchased ruched bikinis—go ahead and work it at home like model Jessica Yang, who even experimented with on-trend visor sunglasses. Your home is your fashion playground!
10. Yessa Yu admits that swimwear has been her “lockdown uniform,” and it’s probably because of the positive energy her colorful swimsuits radiate! Take it up a notch by wearing equally printed flared trousers or a sarong.
11. It’s no secret that Elisse Joson always looks fresh as a daisy, but now we know that it’s because she’s been wearing swimsuits all day! Take inspo from Elisse by wearing a white maillot with light-wash denim bottoms.
12. Planning on just lounging around and sipping on a warm cup of joe? Make like Maja Salvador and throw a comfy robe or an oversized white button-down over your classic black bikini set and call it a day!
Hey, Preview readers! Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Tiktok, and Twitter to stay up to speed on all things trendy and creative. We’ll curate the most stylish feed for you!