The retro years gave mom jeans a reputation as an unflattering pair, but now that the trend made a triumphant comeback, we beg to disagree. Mom jeans are in fact comfortable, familiar, and chic. Just look at how gorgeous this pair looks on Camille Co!
While they do have the tendency to be ill-fitting, the trick is to master the art of shopping for the perfect pair of mom jeans! All you need to remember are these five things:
1. The pair has to feel snug around your waist.
2. The cut has to be straight through your thighs up to the calves.
3. It should be tapered around your ankles.
4. Opt for back pockets that are longer and wider to best flatter your peach.
5. If you're after that vintage '90s look, a light denim wash is what you should be looking for.