Netflix released its list of most-watched original content from October 2018 to September 2019, and it’s safe to say we’re not surprised. The original content that made it on the list are among some of the most hyped films and shows of the year, and if the numbers are right, then it proves that the hype worked.
What we’re more surprised about is the fact that Netflix released all this data in the first place. The streaming giant was notorious for locking down its viewership numbers—until this week when it started revealing its numbers tweet per tweet. We’re sure the bigwigs at Hollywood’s production companies are having a field day with Netflix’s huge numbers. The company currently has more than 158 million subscribers around the world, but with more streaming companies popping up left and right, it’s still a question of whether it’ll be able to sustain growth in the next few years.
But until then, let’s just enjoy this list of the streaming network’s most-watched movies and series alongside Netflix’s recorded viewership.
Most Watched Original Movies
1. Bird Box - 80 million
2. Murder Mystery - 73 million
3. Triple Frontier - 52 million
4. The Perfect Date - 48 million
5. Tall Girl - 41 million
6. The Highwaymen - 40 million
7. Secret Obsession - 40 million
8. Always Be My Maybe - 32 million
9. Otherhood - 29 million
10. Fyre - 20 million
Most Watched Original Series
1. Stranger Things - 64 million
2. The Umbrella Academy - 45 million
3. La Casa de Papel - 44 million
4. You - 40 million
5. Sex Education - 40 million
6. Our Planet - 33 million
7. Unbelievable - 32 million
8. Dead to Me - 30 million
9. When They See Us - 25 million
10. Elite - 20 million
*This story originally appeared on Esquiremag.ph. * Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.