What’s the trendiest accessory these days? Is it minimalist jewelry? Maybe. What about cool tattoos? Possibly. If you ask us, the hottest accessory to date doesn’t come in 24-karat gold or dainty ink designs, but rather, fresh colors and rustic neutrals that literally breathe new life into our aesthetics. Yup, we’re talking about PLANTS!
Stylish influencers everywhere are not only sprucing up their spaces with everything from succulents, resort-like greens, to gorgeous dried flowers, but they’re also using them as finishing touches for their OOTD photos! If you haven’t tried your hand in using your baby plants as props, draw inspiration from the plantita celebrities we’ve rounded up below:
1. Achieve maximum impact by matching your outfit to your plants.
While you're at it, choose a spot with natural lighting. Take cues from Megan Young, who wore an all-lilac ensemble to match her violet flowers, and Nicole Andersson, who donned a bronze blouse to match her rustic reeds.
2. Mix different plant sizes for variety.
Plus points if they come in cool vases or pots! We love how Megan and Nicole kept things interesting by incorporating different kinds of plants but sticking to one color scheme.
3. If you want to subtly show off your plants, go for a mirror selfie and sneak in those dried flowers in the frame.
Again, make sure you color coordinate. Otherwise, it won’t look as #aesthetic! Take cues from Sue Ramirez, who matched her dried bouquet with her mirror gold details.
4. Want to show off your fresh blooms or your newly purchased withered florals? The easiest and most romantic way to do so is by holding them like a bouquet!It’s literally next-level prairie fashion that will look best with a smocked dress or puff sleeves. No wonder Elisse Joson, Camille Co, and Lissa Kahayon all wore feminine frocks for their photos!
5. Grab the nearest flower vase and include it in the photo!Want to capture your edgy streetwear look in a different way? The contrast of masculine and feminine will strike a balance that will look great on the ‘gram. If you want to keep it minimalist though, stick to one color like Laureen Uy’s all white concept below.
6. Show off your jewelry!
Got new jewelry you want to flaunt? Make like Liz Uy who clutched her dreamy florals in front of her to show off her adorned fingers. It’s a sleek yet super subtle way to shoot OOTD details!
7. Take selfies with your florals to highlight your beauty lewk.
For beauty junkies who have recently been experimenting with makeup looks, why don’t you take a selfie with fresh flowers like Julia Barretto? It’ll add life to the photo and literally enhance your blooming beauty look! It’s especially perfect for “no makeup” makeup days.
8. Spice up a plain background with interesting details a.k.a. your plants!
Having a blank background may be the easiest way to shoot a decent OOTD, but it can get pretty boring. Beauty queen Kylie Verzosa suggests you fill up those awkward, empty spaces with your fave plants, either as an accent piece or as pieces that will frame the entire shot.