About two months ago, Taylor Swift managed to dethrone Kim Kardashian as the most followed celebrity on Instagram. At first we thought it wouldn’t take long before Mrs. West breaks the internet and takes back the queenship, but the 1989 singer proved us wrong. With an IG army of 52.1 million, T. Swizzle is now far ahead.
Still not on her list of followers? Well, maybe it’s time to give in and click on that “follow” button. Below, we list down the reasons why she’ll most likely continue as the social media app’s one and only Queen Bee.
1. She knows how to #flatlay.
It’s a must, yes.
2. She has flawless #humblebrag skills.
“50 million followers!! Thanks so much guys. I'm pretty sure this is just because I have cute cats though.”
3. But let’s be honest: She does have cute cats.
Hey there, Meredith!
4. Her beauty game is always on point.
She’s got that perfectly winged flick plus that red lip, classic thing that you like.
5. She doesn’t hold a grudge.
“Awwww Kanye sent me the coolest flowers!! #KanTay2020 #BFFs” Or even if she does, she handles it pretty well.
6. Speaking of BFFs, she has really supportive ones. Hashtag #SquadGoals.
Admit it—the Bad Blood gang slayed it!
7. Even her boyfriend’s a big catch.
Did you know Calvin Harris is 2015’s highest paid DJ? Together, they’re the highest paid celebrity couple. High five, Tay tay!
8. Though actually, she’s pretty badass herself.
She is the youngest ever to make it to Forbes’ list of 100 Most Powerful Women and was named as 2015's highest-earning musician, raking in about a million dollars per day!
9. Oh, and have we mentioned that she’s a multi-Grammy-winning artist?
And she’s only 25. No biggie.
10. She knows too well how to shrug off the crap people say about her.
Haters gonna hate, right?
Main image: George Pimentel/LP5