While some people might take the new year as an opportunity to edge into maximalist dressing, others might be keen on paring their style down and refining their way with foundational pieces. Instead of taking on audacious frills and disco-worthy prints, why not perfect your approach to the classic white dress? Or, before diving into lively subtrends, why not fine-tune your hardworking rotation of basics to nail that effortlessly polished look? This holistic approach might just be your key to figuring out how to make yourself look your best.
If you are indeed aiming to clarify your style, returning to clean, white pieces will be a good kickoff point—you will literally be clearing your fashion slate. White will always look elegant, as it is distraction-free, fresh, and easy to style. Fashion influencer and blogger Vina Guerrero exemplifies this well. She often wears white outfits that will inspire you to rethink how you wear essentials. Take a look.
Classy White Outfits from Vina Guerrero
1. Dress down a suit by swapping out a button-down for a playful bralette, like this one rendered in ruched satin. Elevate the look with mixed metals, a rounded shoulder bag, and Cinderella-inspired heels.
2. A modest tunic dress is both comfy and chic. Wear it with a sand-colored cloth tote during beach trips.
3. Make sure to balance out silhouettes: Don a pair of cutoff shorts and a snowy blouse with pronounced flounce sleeves. Cinch the outfit with a belt and accessorize liberally with gold jewelry.
4. Mimic a pantsuit by wearing an asymmetrical bodysuit and streamlined flare trousers in the same off-white hue. Add the slightest pop of color by way of pastel-colored strappy sandals.
5. There's no shame in falling back on your closet workhorses, i.e. a trusty white bralette and garterized high-waisted jeans. Season the simple look with layered necklaces and a petite monogram-emblazoned handbag like this one from Louis Vuitton.
6. Return to the ancient rule demanding that you match your bag with your shoes. After slipping on a no-fuss square neck dress, grab an alabaster-colored handbag and trendy velcro sandals in a related hue.
7. If suits in herringbone, cotton, and wool are too austere for you, cop a linen set instead. Wear a plain white top underneath for an easygoing yet put-together look. Dress up the outfit with sculptural gladiator sandals, a big-buckled belt, and a quilted leather handbag.
8. Add dimension to your LWD outfit by way of a eye-catching beaded bag. After donning your usual jewelry set, slip into white Oran sandals by Hermès.
9. Fads come and go, but lovers of comfort and understated chicness will keep returning to the languid t-shirt dress. A high neck version like this one is even easier to dress up: Team it with a handbag from Chanel and Dior Dway Slides for a soft yet luxurious look.
10. Vina's fashion advice: Punctuate a dainty white OOTD with a timeless black bag. Here, she wore a true-white puff sleeve crop top with a matching skort, which made for a fun and feminine casual lewk.
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!