Pulling off a capsule wardrobe might be harder for some than others, especially if you want to inject some style into your daily sartorial routine. But when you have a no-fail, fuss-free formula, giving your outfits a touch of newness isn’t be as difficult as you think.
Case in point: Pia See. She’s the woman behind online brand Unif0rm—Yes, that is a zero that stands in for the O—a local womenswear brand of everyday basics that run in silhouettes that each have a unique twist, be it a slouchy funnel neck or frayed edges on the sleeves.
If you browse through the label’s Instagram feed, you’ll notice the entrepreneur and mother-of-three rockin’ her own designs in a number of posts, casually shooting her OOTDs to properly show off why we should be adding her pieces to our virtual carts, stat. Flattering cuts in an array of colors? Yes, please. See how she wears her #Unif0rm and find out how she gives casual cool a whole new meaning.
1. She punctuates her eye-catching looks with drool-worthy shoes (spy the old Célines, yet?) and declares that while she loves flats and sneakers, she prefers pairs that have a little height.
2. Monochromatic dressing needn’t be boring, especially if you have the right accessories to make your outfit pop. Style tip: try a cute neck scarf or statement earrings to add a touch of whimsy.
3. When you find the need for a little pick me up, take some brights out for a spin—in Pia’s case, mix them up for fun.
4. We just love how Pia puts a contemporary spin to her formalwear with just the right play on proportions, proving you don’t need to out too much effort in order to make an impression.
5. She also manages to reassure us that you don’t have to look too ‘put-together’ all the time; and that quirky layering can make your outfit stand out.
6. Pia has no qualms about outfit-repeating. She actually tells us that her fave pieces from Unif0rm are the Liz and X tops, which you’ll see her wearing a lot on IG.
7. She’s testament that not having the perfect OOTD photo can still highlight a great outfit—which just goes to show how real and practical her style is— leaving us crushing on her fashion sensibilities even more.