We've long stood by this: If you're gutsy enough, you can make anything happen. Take, for example, the straw hat! It's undoubtedly a seaside staple, but wouldn't it look fantastic strollin' around in the city's summer heat, too? Here, 10 ways to style it for a chill urban staycation or a leisurely Saturday brunch in your fave neighborhood.
1. Picnic chic care of Camille Co! Opt for a ruffled gingham frock and a cool Jacquemus bucket.
2. Laureen Uy is so not afraid of total and utter flamboyance. Feathers? Satin? Clashing hues? She'll have one of each, please.
3. We're liking Renee de Guzman's sun season-appropriate spin on head-to-toe black.
4. Jeline Catt lounges on the other end of the spectrum, choosing to go for creams and beiges. That clear plastic tote is a trendy touch.
5. Green looks great on Marie Lozano, who wears her spots with gusto.
6. Your straw topper will look ace even paired with jeans and a simple white shirt, says Mari Jasmine.
7. Kim Jones is mad for plaid.
8. A lacy LBD and sleek nude mules make Janine Gutierrez's dainty, elegant team of choice.
9. Lovi Poe's lookin' every bit the señorita in decadent Carolina Herrera.
10. Now for a 'fit that you can walk to the mall and to the beach. Sample Liz Uy's nude bodysuit, bright striped trousers, tiny net bag, and Gucci sandals.