You can give your trusty ol' pointy pumps a break now, because no matter how timeless they are, there's no denying that a new shape's been taking over the style scene—enter the square toe! They were spotted on the Fall/Winter 2018 runways of Loewe and Alexander McQueen, not to mention backed by those coveted, sculptural-heeled beauties at Jacquemus' earlier Spring/Summer show. It's all about angles from here on out, and to prove a point, we've rounded up 10 achingly chic looks from some of your fave fashion plates to help convince you. See them below:
1. Okay, so this technically isn't an OOTD, but Martine Cajucom makes such a good case for matching your shoes to your home decor.
2. Living for and dying over Janine Gutierrez's Jacquemus steppers and sexy polka-dot ensemble!
3. A simple way to go? Pair some sandals with a teeny-tiny minidress like Jess Wilson does.
4. Camille Co's always globetrotting, and we love how she does it in this colorful number from Kat Maconie.
5. The square-toe doesn't always have to be an open shoe! Tricia Gosingtian is solid proof that a prim, ballerina pointed-esque closed version can be stylish, not stuffy.
6. Here's Marian Rivera looking demure in a summery floral frock. Perfect for frolicking in fields...or, you know, running errands.
7. Anne Curtis' brand of casual has always been spot on! A tie-waist checked top and good ol' jeans will never fail you.
8. As always, Kim Jones sets the example for cool, covetable chic. Those pink heels are odd in the very best way!
9. Let juuust a sliver of square peek out from beneath your funky printed trouser hems a la Liz Uy.
10. Pam Quinones shows you that investing in a versatile nude pair can last you through seasons, for better or for worse!