When the words ‘chunky gold chain necklaces’ come together, perhaps the first thing that comes to mind would be those super popular chokers from Celine circa 2012 (ahhh, don’t you miss Phoebe Philo?). Well, as you know, what goes around comes around in the world of fashion. And it turns out that gold chain necklaces are back in style again!
On the Spring 2020 runways, chain necklaces came in oversized proportions and were rendered in everything from silver, acrylic, to mixed metals. However, our social media feeds have proven that the real contender would be gold ones in just the right amount of chunkiness. The overall trend? Wearing them with minimalist outfits. It makes perfect sense—chains make such a statement that they look even better with a pared-down ‘fit.
To prove it, here are 10 fashionistas and their chic outfits with gold chain necklaces:
1. Instead of frumpy sweats, kween Nadine Lustre subtly elevated her pullover sweater with relaxed lounge pants and a gold necklace that provided a cool contrast to her red pair of Nike dunks.
2. Staying true to her love for neutrals, Rhea Bue remains fashionably on point in caramel-colored sweatpants and a white spaghetti-strapped top. Aside from her necklace, we love how she threw in a watch for extra polish!
3. In case you missed it, scoop neck tanks are one of the cutest pambahay trends to date, but we love how Rhian Ramos took her outfit to the next level with not one, but two chunky gold chain necklaces!
4. Liz Uy enlivens her Canadian tux with layered chain necklaces and trendy minimalist thong sandals, which we totally want for ourselves!
5. We totally raved when Julia Barretto made a case for braless pambahay outfits, but what’s also great about it is how the gold necklace brought out the warm tones of her neutral OOTD.
6. Model Ashley Colet balances an underboob top with pleated trousers and funky tortoiseshell sunnies. We love how she added a matching chain bracelet to elevate her look! Posh hubadera style, if you will.
7. Nothing looks as amazing as a white shirt and blue jeans combo, but Kelsey Merritt took it further with an oversized suit jacket and flashy gold jewelry. Such a clean-cut, model-off-duty look!
8. Ever the streetwear and hubadera fan, Ida Anduyan mixes a ribbed tank dress with combat boots, a combo made luxe with her double chain necklaces.
9. It’s no secret that Jazmin Reyes is obsessed with neutral colors. In this outfit, she proves that you can never have too much of it! We love how she accented her beige separates with a coffee-colored top that blended with her gold jewelry.
10. Who says you can’t accessorize even on a chill day? Laureen Uy definitely stands for the contrary! Here, she glams up her boyfriend jeans and Birks with a longline jacket and her favorite chunky necklace.