If there's any item of clothing that'll give you the smoothest transition from office daywear to evening chic, it's the blazer dress. Envison it: Paired with, say, a pencil skirt underneath, it looks perfectly crisp and capable as you finish up all those deliverables with a flourish, and come Friday night happy hour, simply bare your stems and flit through the crowd, cocktail in hand. Summary's that it works and parties hard.
Below, 12 reasons and a dozen stylish girls who'll convince you that you need one (or ten) in your closet, stat.
1. Heart Evangelista's fringed, embellished version and towering gold platforms scream disco queen.
2. White's alright! Pauleen Luna is a vision in clean, pristine ivory.
3. A cool, colorful, collarless iteration is great for layering hues and textures, says Liz Uy.
4. Need that single-step glamour fix? Georgina Wilson advises you invest in somethin' black and tailor-made to fit you like a glove.
5. Pia Wurtzbach's sexy, cinched scarlet number reminds us of a modern bombshell New Look.
6. Speaking of cherry red, why not team it with cotton candy pink for an au courant pairing like Sarah Geronimo's?
7. The custom Samantha Richelle power suit Solenn Heussaff is wearing doles out equal parts tough cookie and periwinkle dream.
8. Travel easy in this Nicole Andersson-approved combo: Wales checks, white kicks, and a belt bag.
9. Jess Wilson looked fantastic touring Copenhagen in this mini, and we bet she didn't even have to change when the time came to sample the city's vibrant nightlife.
10. This pretty, polka-dotted piece Bea Soriano wore to the Sunnies Face launch party remains unforgettable.
11. Toss an azure zip-up turtleneck underneath to flaunt some extra styling prowess. Laureen Uy demonstrates.
12. We already told you that it's the ideal fete frock! Janine Gutierrez is the only proof you need.