A closer peek at the most recent OOTD snaps of the PH's biggest and brightest stars will undoubtedly reveal a growing fondness for looks by local designer Samantha Richelle, whose eponymous label has been steadily churning out stellar, street-smart separates that fare just as great facing a million adoring fans onstage and as cool, comfy airport gear after the big show. That's versatility on a new level.
"A good mix of easy streetwear and no-nonsense structured pieces, Samantha Richelle’s brand is best described as androgyny with a hard twist," the online shop's description reads. "Having been trained at Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in Los Angeles, the designer set out to start her own line with the pieces carefully and ethically manufactured in Manila."
Another point of discussion: We really like how, despite the line's strong utilitarian flavor, it delivers the punchiest colors, easily debunking the myth that functional style has to come exclusively in their original muted olives and beiges. Here, some local celebs who clearly feel the same way.
1. Anne Curtis wowed the London crowd in eye-popping Barbie pink cargos.
2. Who says you can't wear navy with black? That rule's old-fashioned, says Liza Soberano.
3. Power shoulders, please! Solenn Heussaff stuns in a bespoke baby blue suit dress.
4. If this is what Kim Possible would wear to save the world in 2019, count us in. Kiana Valenciano got the memo.
5. Jess Connelly's paint-splattered neon jacket was a total scene stealer at Malaysia's Good Vibes Festival.
6. Nicole Andersson made her grand entrance at the Michael Kors show in New York wearing this fire-hued set.
7. Glam up a la Patricia Henson by accessorizing with chunky gold hoops and layered necklaces.
8. You might speculate that she gets first pick—after all, KC del Rosario just so happens to be the designer's little sister!