Not only has Alyssa Valdez made a name for herself as a star athlete, some have also credited the 28-year old for bringing volleyball into the mainstream. Filipinos couldn't help but watch and be entranced by her superior game! Garnering countless awards for her undeniable skill as an outside hitter, “The Phenom” broke sports records and won championships for her university and professional clubs. She even amassed international acclaim when she played for Thailand and Taiwan leagues.
The statuesque, 5’10 Pinay has currently been serving in a different kind of ballgame though: reality TV. As a housemate in Pinoy Big Brother, not only is her life on view 24/7, it has also exposed a pretty much unseen-before side of the sports superstar and vlogger: a friend offering a listening ear, a sous chef taking cooking instructions from Samantha Bernardo’s mom, to name a few. Plus, we get to see more of her wardrobe!
In a vlog listing her favorite designer items, Alyssa has described her style as simple and reiterated her preference for neutral shades. "Yung mga suot ko very neutral lagi yung color tsaka parang sobrang simple lang din," she tells her 300K-strong YouTube followers. And while she sticks to a basic color palette, she always keeps it fresh with unexpected bursts of hues, unique details, and mixing tailored pieces with more casual styles. We are definitely taking fashion notes!
Below are 10 times Alyssa Valdez stood out and hit the mark with her casual neutral outfits:
1. Making the case for an all white ‘fit, Alyssa was sporty chic in a long-sleeved, square-neckline, cropped top with her Nike sneaks and joggers.
2. The volleyball player definitely nailed the relaxed, lounge look by opting for soft and breathable fabrics, in warm earthy shades.
3. A nod to the mod girl, she matched a beige sweater with a terracotta satin miniskirt. Alyssa made this look more current by skipping the kitten heels and instead donning her Jordan 1 Low.
4. Giving her own spin to the bike shorts trend, Alyssa injected a pop of blue in this grey and black outfit. In the same vlog, she surmised that her beau, Kiefer Ravena’s choice of color for the gifted Prada bag was exactly for spicing up her monochrome outfits.
5. Who said you can’t wear your swimmies outside the beach? In another all white lewk, Alyssa paired her bikini top with joggers. A pink hoodie around her waist adds a dash of color, as well as an extra layer for when it gets a bit chilly.
6. A surprising combination that actually works? A loose fitting skater sweatshirt tucked in her tapered white trousers, and finished off with the classic Birkenstocks.
7. PBB’s “Heartstrong Phenom” looked bright-eyed and dainty in a white dress with delicate tie-up straps. She kept the look monochromatic by accessorizing with a multi-string capiz necklace.
8. Lady-like in a fitted long-sleeved top and camel wide-legged trousers, we love the hint of sheen from the gold accents of her Nikes and Gucci GG Marmont bag.
9. Throw on a puff sleeve maxi dress and call it a day! This white dress works both as a casual OOTD or for special moments you'll want to capture on the 'gram.
10. Neutrals are a foolproof, versatile option no matter where you go. Take a look at Alyssa's backless white top that's a dainty and breezy pair for her smart, tan trousers.