To recap: Apart from the color- and pattern-rich pieces created in collaboration with streetwear icon Shawn Stussy, Dior also introduced the Air Jordan 1 High OG Dior sneakers (or Air Dior) in its fall 2020 collection.
The limited-edition footwear is a luxed-up version of the Air Jordans. In the hands of Paris fashion house—and under the creative genius of artistic director Kim Jones—the classic shape is made with Dior leathers in a cool white and gray colorway and, most interestingly, embellished with a swoosh done in the house’s Oblique motif. The soles also feature “DIOR,” just in case you need reminding that what you’re craving is grail worthy.
Jordanheads, Diorheads, streetwear fiends, style hounds, and everyone else with a heartbeat have been waiting to get their hands on the sneakers since it surfaced last December, and finally, the house has released details about its launch, which Dior refers to as an “exclusive online experience.”
We don’t want to mess up the details, so we present Dior’s very specific guidelines for getting the goods:
1. Via a microsite, which will be shared at a later date, individuals will be invited to register for the guaranteed opportunity to buy one pair of these sneakers.
2. They’ll be asked to choose their preferred model (either high-top or low-top sneakers), a pop-in store or pop-up pickup location, and shoe size.
3. Each participant may select just one boutique and register only once for the desired style and size.
4. Air Jordan 1 OG Dior sneakers will be available for purchase exclusively in selected Dior pop-ups and pop-in stores only by registering on the digital microsite.
5. A limited number of sneakers will be allocated to each of the participating boutiques and the guaranteed opportunity to secure these sneakers will be given on a first-come, first-served basis to the lucky individuals who register before the inventory is exhausted.
6. Dior will then invite the qualified participants to visit the Dior boutique they selected to purchase their sneakers.
7. The store pick-up date will be sent via SMS or e-mail shortly following verification of eligibility. A unique QR code with the individual’s name will be issued. A matching government-issued ID will be required at the time of purchase.
Also on the menu is the Air Dior capsule of ready-to-wear and accessories: bomber jackets with the Jumpman logo, silk shorts with CD initials, suede hoodies, cashmere sweaters, and more. These will be available to shop at Dior pop-in stores.
Got that? Is something missing?
Well, what Dior did not include is the drop date. And when pressed about it, Dior shares that, while there is no official date yet, it will be happening soon. Be patient.
*This story originally appeared on Esquiremag.ph. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.