Button-down shirts are a closet staple. We rely on them every time we need to look presentable. With the right styling, though, this collared top can look cool and laidback.
Here are different ways to wear the wardrobe basic:
1. Blue button-down shirt + white tank top + denim shorts + sneakers
You can never go wrong with pairing white with denim—this classic combo always looks so fresh!
2. Button-down shirt + bandeau + high-waisted jeans
We love how Kath used her button-down as a cover-up for this low-key sexy look.
3. Colored button-down shirt + neutrals
Add a pop of color to your neutral OOTDs.
4. White button-down shirt + bikini
An oversized button-down shirt can be the perfect swimsuit cover-up, too!
5. Button-down shirt + bra top
The perfect mix of sexy and cool.
6. Button-down shirt + bodysuit
Finish off this comfy getup with a cap and a pair of sneakers!
7. Button-down shirt + relaxed pants + sneakers
Here’s a simple styling trick we learned from Kath: When wearing an oversized button-down, keep only one button fastened!
P.S. You can wear a cute bralette or a plain bandeau underneath your shirt.
* This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!