If there's one item you need to brighten up and sophisticate your home, consider the round mirror. While it may not sound like much, there's a whole lot more to this piece of practical home decor than meets the eye
A more feminine space, for example, can benefit greatly from a circular mirror. Where most furniture are built with rectangular shapes and sharp edges, mounting a round mirror on your wall can serve to add a soft, dainty, and elegant touch to your room. Not to mention the relaxed feel it brings into your space, visually, thanks to its sleek, smooth features.
Another advantage to round mirrors? It brightens and expands the look of your room. In fact, design experts recommend them for decorating tight spaces. "Mirrors bring in extra light, expand horizons, and add depth. A super large one will expand the space and make it seem way bigger than it actually is," says interior designer Abigail Ahern.
Lastly, you can't own a round mirror without taking liberties with it for the 'gram. Clean, wide, and chic, it's the perfect accessory for snapping an abundance of selfies whenever you please. Case in point: Cop these round mirror shots below!
1. Nothing like perfecting your bathroom selfie than with a round mirror to widen your space and create the illusion of a larger backdrop.
2. Taking a full-body snap, or showing off your new crib? You can definitely fit both in with a round mirror in your arsenal, as demonstrated by Martine Ho.
3. Wanna take a group photo? No need to squeeze yourself and your friends into a small, straight rectangular pane. A round mirror is perfectly wide enough to accommodate your entire posse.
4. The round mirror at Man Repeller founder Leandra Medine-Cohen's home is her constant go-to for selfies. Situate yours up a table and cop her signature propped-up-leg pose for a fun and quirky way to show off your outfit!
5. Basically, with a wider sized round mirror, you can extend your limbs in every which direction, and strike a silly pose all you want. You're guaranteed to get the full snap in your frame either way.
Now that we've laid out all the pros to a round mirror, it's time to spice up your home and invest on your own! Our pick? The AYTM Circum Mirror at Curio Cavern. Large, sleek, and elegant, it also comes in three sizes, and five different enticing colors, including rose, tinted black, amber, clear/black, and clear/tinted.
Medium Circum Mirror, P17,615, AYTM, Curio Cavern