Planning a little getaway to the sea takes a lot of time and effort. From booking flights and finalizing itineraries, we patiently wait until the day comes where your feet touch the sand and the salty air hits your skin. It’s important to pack only the essentials for a sunny escape like a wide-brim hat, sunscreen, and who can forget a trusty swimsuit? If you’re like us, you definitely think ahead on what kind of swimsuit photos you’ll take on your next beach trip.
Taking a page from Maxene Magalona’s book, the actress, model and yogi loves to take photos when she’s by the sea. She even mentioned in a recent post about how a kind stranger took some incredible shots of her during her recent trip to Boracay!
Going for a chill yet totally candid vibe as your peg? Below, we gather tips from Maxene’s posts for the best IG-worthy beach photos!
1. Maxene is a certified yoga instructor, which is why it’s no surprise she incorporates some yoga moves into her poses. This meditative pose, paired with the stillness of the water, exudes tranquility and calm to any photo you take.
2. Too shy to ask a stranger to take your photo? Fret not because a selfie never fails! A sunny selfie wearing a hat and shades is a chic way to use the props you own to enhance a photo.
3. There’s nothing quite like the glow of golden hour. If you’re at the right place at the right time, your swimsuit photos can be bathed in light that can also show off how great your tan looks!
4. Take the typical “walking” shot up a notch by doing it in the ocean! Not only does it look carefree and candid, but the shot can also capture the gorgeous sea and sky landscape behind you.
5. If you’re feeling a bit coy about showing your face, try a backlit shot! Ask whoever’s taking your photo to angle the camera against the light so that it captures your silhouette for a mysterious vibe. Play around with the angle so that gorgeous light leaks shine in the photo.
6. Flaunting your figure is what a swimsuit is for! A simple yet effective way to show off your beach bod like Maxene is to lie down on a beach towel and arch your back to really highlight those curves!
7. Nothing says candid more than a laughing shot! Here, Maxine’s enjoying her time by the pool in a cute bikini. Patience (and free storage space) is the key to a candid photo as you might need to take several of them before landing a good one, but the results are worth it!
8. For a natural-looking pose, try looking into the distance. This is also a great way to take a full-body shot, like Maxene’s photo here that highlights her toned body!
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!