If you’re a die-hard fan of the movie franchise The Kissing Booth (like me) and still can’t get over the sequel and all its wild twists, then here’s something that will change the way you look at the film forever. (Warning: Spoilers ahead!)
In the sequel, Elle Evans (Joey King) and Noah Flynn (Jacob Elordi) deal with the struggles of being in a long distance relationship. Noah Flynn is a student in Harvard while Elle is a senior in high school. Well, stuff happens and Elle ends up spending lots of time with the hot new student, Marco (Taylor Zakhar Perez). Eventually, she works things out with Noah and ends up saying that he is indeed “the only one.” So sweet! This of course sparked a debate on whom Elle should have chosen, leading fans to rally for either “Team Marco” or “Team Noah.”
Despite Marco’s heartbreaking turnout in the sequel, it seems that the actor has been enjoying the company of Elle in real-life—and it kind of looks like there’s something going on between the two. Here are all the receipts that we have to ponder on:
1. Taylor’s been posting a lot of photos and videos with Joey on Instagram. The first being this cute video of them fooling around. Take note of Joey’s comment: “Can you at least address in your caption that I’m not abusive to you and you actually care about me a lot or?”
2. There was also this carousel post that featured his photo with Joey as the first one. “This was one of my all-time favorite moments shooting KB2. So much love,” the caption reads.
3. What about this really cute TikTok video?
4. Or that time Taylor greeted Joey on her birthday with a really sweet post where he says, “Grateful for you forever." To which Joey replies, “Can’t imagine my life without you. I heart you T.”
5. And just yesterday, Taylor shared this photo of a trip to the waterfalls that included two selfies with Joey.
6. It’s not just Taylor who’s been posting about their close relationship on social media. Someone took screencaps of Joey’s IG stories where she shared a photo of the two of them celebrating the movie. “Got tested just so we could hug today,” it reads. She even called him her “favorite weirdo.”
We’re dying to know if they're more than just friends. If this turns out to be true though, we reckon it will be a little complicated for the stars on set, as Jacob and Joey were formerly a couple. Their relationship started in 2017 and they broke up in 2019.
What do you think of this real-life “Team Marcelle”?