A pixie cut may seem low-maintenance, but it requires the same level of commitment needed when bleaching and dyeing your hair a bright color. After all, if you want to keep your cropped locks looking fresh, you'll need monthly trims and a solid styling routine. Maricar Reyes-Poon seems to have mastered this already, though. Her hair has been short for years, and she makes having a pixie look so easy—which is why, we just had to know how she does it!
Aside from getting a good haircut that grows gracefully (read more about that here!), it turns out the key to Maricar's locks is her daily hair routine. She swears that it's easier than it looks, and she filmed her entire process to prove it. Watch it below!
Here's a step-by-step of her routine, in case you need to screenshot!
1. Apply a heat protectant product on damp hair.
2. Blow dry your hair starting with the sides.
3. With a comb, gather your hair at the crown. Use a clip to make sectioning easier.
4. Blow dry the rest of your hair in sections using a roller brush. (Maricar says this helps add body to her fine hair!)
5. Before the hair finishes drying, apply sea salt spray to prevent it from going flat. Finish blow drying.
6. For more volume, flip your hair against the direction of your natural hair growth.
7. Add more sea salt spray as desired, or set the hairstyle with a strong hold hairspray.
Do you have a pixie cut? How do you style it? Let us know in the comments!