The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently warned the public against the use of these ten unregistered cosmetic products:
1. Dane Papaya Extract Soap Super Active Skin Whitener
2. Verdon Shine Keratin Hair Spa Milk Essence
3. A Bonne Milk Powder Lightening Lotion Plus Collagen
4. Hanzhixiu Colour Cream (E-15 Grape Red)
5. Hanzhixiu Permanent Hair Colorant (A-18 Golden Red)
6. Professional Skin Care Formula Collagen with Elastin Cream
7. Asudjor Extra Whitening Armpit Cream and Deodorant
8. Malunggay Facial Toner
9. Malunggay Peel-Off Mask
10. Placenta Original Soap
"DFA field regulatory operations officers have been ordered to monitor and rid the market of the products," reports Tina G. Santos in the Philippine Daily Inquirer.
The FDA explained in its advisory, "If a cosmetic product has not been verified by FDA as in the case of these unnotified products, their use may pose potential health hazards to the consuming public. The FDA cannot guarantee their quality and safety. Potential hazards may come from ingredients that are not allowed to be part of a cosmetic product or from the contamination of heavy metals such as lead and mercury."
*This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.