Makeup artist Albert Kurniawan is known for his expertise in bringing out chinita eyes. In fact, one of his most loyal clients is Heart Evangelista. Check out how he makes Heart's peepers look larger than life!
Kim Chiu also turns to Albert for his talented brush skills!
If you're curious to know how Albert does his magic, he shared a step-by-step makeup tutorial for this eye shape on his YouTube channel. These are our key takeaways for making lids look more 3D:
1. Use a neutral-toned brown as a base for your eye makeup. Make sure to blend it well for a seamless look.
2. After sweeping a taupe matte eyeshadow on the crease, brush a darker hue on the outer corners of your eyelids to create an illusion of deep-set eyes.
3. Apply a light shade on the inner corners of your lids up to the brow bone to fake a crease.
4. For a wide-awake look, use Albert's lash "push-up" technique of applying two pairs of falsies to your upper lashline!
5. Instead of winging your liner up, draw a straight line to extend your eye shape.
6. Thinly rim your lower lash line with a dark eyeshadow hue so your makeup will appear "more cohesive."
Whether you have monolids or are a budding makeup artist, you can pick up a lot of tips from this! Watch his whole video to see his technique for yourself:
Of course, to really cop Albert's technique, you should master the art of blending and creating depth. Here are some fluffy eyeshadow brushes that will help you learn this skill!
CHARM Essentials Vegan Crease Blending Brush, P275, BeautyandMinerals.com
SUESH Tapered Blending Brush - Medium, P450, Suesh Megamall, Suesh Alabang Town Center
SIGMA BEAUTY Diffused Crease Brush, P920, Freyja.com, Freyja Glorietta
*This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.