We had a good run with our summer love affair with matte lipsticks, but it's time we bring it back to juicy lips. Lip gloss is hydrating, easy to use, and it make your lips look luscious. It will even deemphasize any uneven texture you may have on your lips.
If you've been out of the game for a while, use this list as a cheat sheet for glosses you need in your life. We've asked 5 celebrity makeup artists exactly what lip gloss products they used for their celeb clients' shiny pouts. These will rekindle your love for gloss for sure. Check them out:
1. Leila Alcasid looks radiant in this dreamy purple look by Anthea Bueno. The lilac already brings drama to her eyes so this simple gloss accented with an irridescent flex really ties her whole look together.
STILA Beauty Boss Lip Gloss in Blue Sky, P893, Rustan's
2. Make it like your birthday every day like Anne Curtis who looks radiant in BLK's Birthday Sparkle Gloss.
BLK Birthday Lip Gloss, P379, BLK Cosmetics
3. Yet another knockout colalboration from Heart Evangelista, the Happy Skin x Love Marie collaboration star is a nude-y pink gloss that's not only easy on the eyes but also has a cooling effect in its formula that will keep your lips refreshed all day.
HAPPY SKIN X LOVE MARIE Lip Gloss in The Moment, P599, Happy Skin Cosmetics
4. Lou Yanong's makeup artist Bryan Lim may have used simple elements in this makeup look, but it still looks nice because of the execution and the color choice. The graphic blue liner and nude skin are given a glow courtesy of high-shine lip gloss that gives a fresher take than a matte lippie would.
PAT MCGRATH Lust Lip Gloss in Nude Negligee, P1800, Sephora.ph
5. Now, this is technically not called a lip gloss, but this lip oil from Clarins is a go-to for Claudia Barretto according to her makeup artist, Anton Patdu. It's perfect for those that want that glass lip effect without compromising mosisture. You can also avoid that sticky texture because of it's different formulation and lightweight texture.
CLARINS Lip Oil in Raspberry, P1350, Rustan's