When it comes down to makeup kit essentials, concealer is definitely top three. It can cover up your dark circles, redness, and acne. Aside from making you look your best in an instant, concealer can also be used as eye makeup primer and highligher. Since this beauty product has many uses, it's important to know the basic rules of using it. That way, you can maximize this makeup must-have.
1. Liquid concealer is best for hiding undereye cirlces. Apply this in a triangular shape underneath your eyes instead of dabbing it around your eye. Gently blend together with your ring finger, it's the weakest finger and doesn't apply too much pressure. Make sure not to rub it in.
Revlon ColorStay Concealer, Watsons
2. Always apply concealer after your foundation. If you apply it before foundation and blend, the foundation will simply cover up your concealer! Plus, your foundation can cover up tiny imperfections, so you can use your concealer for areas that need more coverage.
CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation, P795, department stores
3. When covering up dark or red spots, opt for a cream or stick formula since liquid concealers are way too sheer.
MAC Cosmetics Matchmaster Concealer, Rockwell Powerplant
4. When hiding dark circles and undereye circles, sometimes it's best to apply two concealers blended together. This is because most skin tones fall between two shades.
The Body Shop Instablur, SM Megamall
5. Use a clean concealer brush when applying concealer over blemishes. Remember to apply the product only on the acne and not around it.
MAC Cosmetics Concealer Brush, SM Mall of Asia
*This story originally appeared on Candymag.com. Minor edits have been made by the Stylebible.ph editors.