Tired of your usual solid-colored nails? Don't fret! We have the easiest three-step nail art ideas that you can totally do on your own. So grab your manicure kit and let’s get started!
What you’ll need: base and top coat, white and light pink nail polish, thin brush
1. Apply your base coat.
2. Using your thin brush, swipe upward a coat of white nail polish from a corner of your nail. Let it dry before doing the same with your pink polish.
3. Finish off with your top coat.
Variation: You can use any color combination and swipe from different corners for each nail.
What you’ll need: base and top coat, metallic striping tape, black nail polish
1. Apply base coat.
2. Cut a piece of your striping tape and place it slightly above your tips.
3. Follow the line with a thicker stripe of nail polish above it and finish off with top coat.
Variation: If you don’t have a striping tape, opt for another nail polish in a contrasting color.
The Negative Space
What you’ll need: base and top coat, striping tape, red and pink nail polish
1. Start with a base coat.
2. Place a piece of striping tape one-third from your cuticle. Paint over one side with a pink shade and the rest in red.
3. Once dry, remove the striping tape and apply your top coat.
Variation: You can use any color combination, whether contrasting or monochromatic.
Photographer: Erwin Canlas
Model: Jessica See
Nail technician: Sherryl Felipe of Nail-a-holics
Art Director: Gab Gutierrez