While February has yet to roll in, our perennially sunshine-y state means bikini season is never far away. To start off the summer with a bang, Nivea carted us off to Bohol, where we quickly realized that summer is just around the corner.
1. Starting off with a little drama, turbulence and a foggy runway diverts our plane to Mactan, Cebu.
2. Touchdown, Bohol! Despite the pouring rain and diverted flight, the absence of sunshine didn’t put sunblock on the backburner. Plane rides bring you way closer to the sun and expose your skin to strong radiation. While rain showers, though the clouds shield the earth from most UV rays, let the strongest ones pass through.
3. A stop at the Chocolate Hills Adventure Park had us battling it out for the best time as we raced through the rain-soaked outdoors while suspended over the canopy of trees.
4. One summer detail not to miss out on? A strappy suit.
5. Even with bikinis abound, no one could deny the minimalist appeal of a back-baring one-piece suit.
6. The perfect souvenir to bring home from a beach trip has got to be sun-kissed skin. To help perfect your tan, look for something that protects from UV rays while stimulating melanin production like Nivea Sun’s Protect and Bronze Spray.
7. This isn’t your run of the mill doe-eyed doll. Coated with a UV sensitive surface, the doll’s skin “burns” (see the slightly reddish color?) when laid out under the sun. The only way to reverse the burn? A layer of SPF.
Pssst! Wanna see how the doll works? Watch the video here.
8. Natural beauty reigned supreme, with girls only sporting groomed brows and a hint of mascara.
9. What better way to end a beach day than with a pool party? Where bloggers, influencers, and the media partied ‘til the wee hours of the night and ended with a resounding whoop, the perfect call to signal the start of the summer season.
10. Remember, ladies, sun damage only appears 10 to 20 years after it’s been done. So at the end of the day, it’s all about being protected.
Main photo from @yukitansengco on Instagram>>