So, you’re finally getting your first-ever tattoo—congratulations! Here comes the fun part: Choosing the design. While you might immediately already have one in mind, it can sometimes be overwhelming choosing what to get inked on you—especially given the knowledge that it will be on you forever.
If you’re still wondering what design to go for, we suggest going the minimalist route. Not only will it look timeless, but it will also hurt less, given that they’re usually composed of linework with little to no shading.
LOOK: 10 No-fail, Minimalist Designs to Try
1. The moon is a classic design that looks good no matter what style you get it in.
2. Flowers are a popular choice for a first tattoo. You can also customize it by adding a special name in the stem!
3. Not only are butterfly tattoos pretty, but they also represent faith, transformation, and freedom.
4. Dedicating a tattoo to your beloved fur baby is always a good idea. That way, they’ll always be with you!
5. Don’t want to go through your first ink sesh alone? See if your bestie can tag along. You can also choose to get matching tattoos with them, like these mini wings.
6. For beach babes, a tattoo of waves and the sun is a reminder that it’s always sunny in your mind.
7. A tattoo can also serve as a reminder for yourself.
8. You can also opt for a flowing script if you’re going for a word or phrase!
9. Hearts are always cute, especially when you add in other elements, such as these sparkles.
10. Space babies will be obsessed with this minimalist star tattoo. Its placement is perfect, too!
*This story originally appeared on Candymag.com. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.