This is a reminder that sneakers aren't the only kinds of stylish white shoes out there. We're telling you: Once you get past the initial unease of having to see snowy steppers get roughed up and soiled, you'll get to unlock all of their sartorial perks.
White shoes lighten the overall look of your outfit, and that's not just because white is bright—black shoes generally appear heavier, and give your look a stabilizing, anchored effect. On the other hand, white shoes—bulky or not—add a youthful buoyancy to any outfit. In short, they'll put a spring in your step!
Of course, there's also the fact that they go with every color there is. Whether you're a dedicated neutral dresser or someone whose wardrobe could rival a Crayola box, you'd benefit from a no-frills white shoe. You could probably say the same for beige, but we argue that black and white are still the most indispensable neturals.
Below, we round up different ways to style white heels, boots, sneakers, sandals, and heels, as seen on fashionable local influencers and content creators. Take a look!
Check out these 14 stylish ways to wear white shoes:
1. Embrace loose silhouettes and clean color schemes. Wear a crisp white button-down, baggy wide leg trousers, and white flats that so acutely simple that they're almost sculptural.
2. Punctuate a denim-on-denim OOTD with aggressively square-toed boots. We're loving how the shape of the boots mirror the angles of the jumpsuit's prominent pockets!
3. When styling a dress in a bold, challenging color, you'll never go wrong with donning a pair of true white slides. So effortlessly chic and fresh!
4. Layer denim pieces in different washes: Don a cropped white denim jacket, a white bralette, and mid-rise blue jeans. Keep the motif tight by accessorizing with a canvas tote bag and white heeled boots.
5. The easiest way to style white shoes? Simply wear white from head-to-toe! Don a linen terno topper and flare pants in the same breathable fabric. Keep it comfy and lightweight with Hermès Oran sandals, and inject a Louis Vuitton Pochette Cuisson to elevate the look.
6. Echo that '00s preppiness in a lilac cropped polo, a white mini skirt and grommet belt, a cow print baguette bag, and platform slides.
7. For a super laidback 'fit that still adds extra height, go for the usual bralette and mom shorts combo with extra-chunky hi-top platform sneakers. You can opt to don a cardigan, too!
8. As you've seen, white shoes are great if you want to tone down brightly colored clothes. The inverse is also true: They help put a spotlight on hero items! Grab a dainty, unique top and team it with white jeans, white strappy heels, and a chain strap bag.
9. Casual outfits don't have to be plain. Turn up the spice with a silky printed halter-style crop top, paneled jeans, and classic white sneakers.
10. Boost your neutral brunch look by mixing textures. Try combining a white crop top, a cropped beige button-down, a caramel button-down leather midi skirt, white square toe mules, and a blue sculpted handbag.
11. Make your shoes your OOTD's focal point! Wear a navy blazer, a black turtleneck, a moss green pleated midi skirt, a crossbody bag, and eye-catching white boots.
12. Next time you visit a museum overseas, wear a double rider leather jacket that doubles as a dress, black tights, and white loafers for contrast. Spruce up the look with a leather newspaper boy hat and a beige Chanel Flap bag.
13. When wearing a garment with an artistic print, allow it to take center stage. Team it with a woven belt, dainty accessories, and dainty mary janes that could pass as pointe shoes.
14. If you want to get really technical about the colors that factor into your outfit, you may want to consider your skin tone, too! To nail that seamless color scheme, wear a breezy white dress, white socks, white sneakers, and a handbag that matches your complexion.
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!