Luxury brand Celine is best known for their incredibly chic and well-crafted handbags. (Remember when the Celine Luggage Tote was the It bag back in 2010?) As of late, there’s a new bag of the moment from the French fashion house: the Triomphe bag. Since its debut during their Fall/Winter 2021 collection presentation, the Triomphe quickly garnered It bag status and has been spotted being carried by the likes of BLACKPINK’s Lisa, Kaia Gerber, and Selena Gomez to name a few.
What is the Celine Triomphe?
The Triomphe bag has been a triumphant (see what we did there?) success since its 2021 debut. It instantly became a crowd favorite as it looks like a classic bag you can love a long time. Going the unconventional design route, Celine handbags, which at that time were more low-key with their branding, decided to make their logo the focal point of the Triomphe. As seen with the handbag, it features double C hardware at the front that makes it unmistakably Celine.
Besides its eye-catching logo, other aspects of the bag can also attribute to its rise to fame. For one thing, the Triomphe’s mainline iteration is made out of buttery calfskin leather that gives the bag its overall sleek appearance. However, this arm candy comes in a bevy of variations, and depending on the style you get, you can choose between your choice of material, strap, shape, and even logo.
Who designed the Celine Triomphe bag?
With a silhouette that’s similar to Celine’s classic box bag, what truly sets the Triomphe bag apart is its Triomphe logo. It has long been a part of Celine’s history, initially conceptualized by the brand’s founder, Céline Vipiana back in the '70s. Accounts say that while she was driving around Paris, her car serendipitously broke down right in front of the Arc de Triomphe. Looking towards the iconic monument, Céline got inspired by the chain surrounding it and thus created the brand’s signature double C logo. Fast forward to 2019, Hedi Slimane joined the house as their new creative director and reimagined the emblem to be the Triomphe bag’s signature finishing touch.
What are the different kinds of Celine Triomphe bags?
You can opt to get the mainline Triomphe bag in three different sizes: Teen, Medium, and Large. The teen size might be a tad too small for everyday use but it’s perfect for a night out when all you need are the essentials such as your phone, lip balm, small cardholder, and keys. A medium and a large-sized Triomphe bag still aren’t roomy enough to count as the ideal everyday bag either but will do just fine if you don’t carry unnecessary items.
Other than its size, the Triomphe has a myriad of styles and designs to choose from. Most common for this handbag is the boxy form, but curved shapes are also available if you want a softer silhouette.
There’s also the choice between an adjustable leather strap that you can turn into a crossbody or a shoulder bag, or a golden chain strap. If calfskin leather doesn’t suit you, the Triomphe bag also comes in crocodile, lizard, or python leather for a nice textured look, printed canvas if you want to incorporate patterns to your outfit, or the Cuir Triomphe that features the iconic logo embossed with leather.
How much is the Celine Triomphe bag in 2022?
As always, how much the Celine Triomphe bag costs depends on what iteration you get. Take a look at their updated price range below to see what bag you should add to your wish list.
- Teen Chain Besace Triomphe in Shiny Calfskin: P230,000.00
- Teen Besace Triomphe in Shiny Calfskin: P215,000.00
- Chain Besace Triomphe in Shiny Calfskin: P180,000.00
- Trapeze Triomphe Bag in Shiny Calfskin: P180,000.00
- Chain Shoulder Bag Cuir Triomphe in Shiny Calfskin: P170,000.00
- Chain Shoulder Bag Triomphe in Crocodile: P1,210,000.00
- Triomphe Shoulder Bag in Shiny Calfskin: P165,000.00
- Triomphe Shoulder Bag in Lizard: P335,000.00
- Triomphe Shoulder Bag in Triomphe Canvas and Calfskin: P166,000.00
Is the Celine Triomphe worth it?
With its clean and relatively minimalist design, the Celine Triomphe is definitely a bag you can find matching a plethora of outfits. It also quietly screams quiet luxury despite its statement logo, what with its fine craftsmanship and beautiful detailing that isn’t surprising coming from the French fashion house. When it comes to durability, you don’t have to worry about the wear and tear of this purse either. According to bag enthusiast reviewers, the Triomphe holds up quite well for a calfskin bag and is slow to show any inkling of use.
However, one thing to note before purchasing this purse is that its buckle takes some getting used to opening and closing. Overall, the Triomphe is a chic and versatile piece that would make a welcome addition to anyone’s closet!
How do celebrities wear the Celine Triomphe?
Besides international celebrities, local celebrities have shown just as much love for the Celine Triomphe. Keep on scrolling to see how they styled this piece!
1. Heart Evangelista was recently spotted in Milan with the black version of the Triomphe which she paired with a cropped cardigan, denim jeans, and fuzzy heels.
2. Pia Wurtzbach visited the newly opened Celine store in Greenbelt 3 in a full navy ensemble and one of the purses that caught her eye was the Triomphe purse.
3. Trust Anne Curtis to always carry the latest It Bag! In this case, the style maven’s bag of choice for the day was the Celine Triomphe. It provided the perfect luxe touch to her simple black top and denim jeans OOTD!
4. During Jinkee Pacquiao’s latest trip to Japan, the socialite made sure to bring a timeless bag that would go with a slew of her outfits. Here, we see her in an oversized varsity jacket and multi-colored skirt while toting around the Triomphe purse in black.
5. Jinkee adores this bag so much that she had to get it in another colorway! As seen here, the stylista opted to carry her white Triomphe to match her baby blue 'fit.
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!
Hey, Preview readers! Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Tiktok, and Twitter to stay up to speed on all things trendy and creative. We’ll curate the most stylish feed for you!