In the world of designer sneakers, one brand has made its mark one pair of kicks at a time in recent years. Yes, we're talking about Italy-born Golden Goose and their renowned Super-Star and Ball Star sneakers, which have become the new It pairs to own. You may be wondering how a pair of sneakers can cause such a stir, but there are some characteristics that distinguish Golden Goose sneakers from your average shoe.
International celebrities such as Selena Gomez and Reese Witherspoon have been loving the shoe's familiar and casual silhouette, unique scuffed detailing, and of course its signature star emblem. So it's no surprise that they've kept it in their shoe closet for quite some time now.
What are the Golden Goose sneakers?
While they may appear to be just another sneaker from a distance, closer inspection reveals the details that distinguish Golden Goose sneakers. They're characterized by their low-cut style and a star symbol on the outside of the shoe, but their rise to popularity can be attributed to the label's iconic distressed effect.
When you buy a new pair of sneakers, they usually arrive in perfect condition. Depending on the wearer, most would try to keep their pair as spotless as possible. With Golden Goose kicks, there’s no pressure to maintain their pristine condition because part of their allure is their "worn in" appearance. While this isn't for everyone, the shoe's scuff marks and stains are here to stay for those who love the effortlessly grungy vibe.
Who designed Golden Goose’s sneakers?
Francesca Rinaldo and Alessandro Gallo, two Venetian designers, founded the company back in 2000. When they first entered the fashion industry, the duo were business-savvy and passionate about bringing a vintage touch to the modern sneaker market.
Each pair is handcrafted and processed in Italy by local artisans to achieve the desired vintage style and to create the "perfect imperfection" effect with their distressed details. Don't be fooled by its appearance; despite its worn-in appearance, you're getting a well-made shoe when you buy a pair of Golden Goose sneakers. This innovative design resulted from the designers' idea to be the first scuffed shoes on the market, and it is what has made them one of the most distinct sneakers pairs of all time.
What are the different kinds of Golden Goose sneakers?
The Super-Star Low Top and the Ball Star Low Top sneakers are Golden Goose's two most popular silhouettes. Both are very similar, but the Super-Star has a lower-slung silhouette and a more minimalist design than the Ball Star. Golden Goose, on the other hand, offers a wide range of variations of their sneakers to suit everyone's taste. Although their sneakers are typically white, there are iterations of the shoe available in a variety of colors and fabrics, including animal prints, shearling, suede, and even glitter. If you want an elevated white sneaker, look for subtle differences in the star symbol, shoelaces, and heel tab.
How much are Golden Goose sneakers in 2022?The more basic the shoe you get, the more affordable it will be. Their classic white Super-Star and Ball Star sneakers will start somewhere around $545 and up, but if you opt for their pairs that are more limited edition or with extra features, then be prepared to shell out more than $1000. Below, we listed down their usual price range for some of their sneakers to help you choose which pair to cop.
Golden Goose Super-Star Sneakers 2022 Prices:
- Women’s Super-Star Sneakers with suede star and blue heel tab - $545 (approx. P32,116.85)
- Super-Star Sneakers with glitter and heel tab - $595 (approx. P35,063.35)
- Animal-print Super-Star LTD with leopard print pony skin star - $685 (approx. P40,367.05 )
- Super-Star Sneakers in beige shearling with silver glitter star and heel tab - $795 (approx. P46,849.35)
- Super-Star Sneakers in off-white nuback and silver crystals with ice-gray suede star - $1,795 (approx. P105,779.35 )
Golden Goose Ball Star Sneakers 2022 Prices:
- Ball Star Sneakers with gold star and heel tab - $565 (approx. P33,295.45)
- Ball Star Sneakers in white nappa leather with glitter silver star and heel tab - $595 (approx. P35,063.35 )
- Ball Star in Leo-print pony skin, black leather star & heel tab - $625 (approx. P36,830.94)
- Ball Star LTD sneakers in silver leather - $625 (approx. P36,830.94)
- Ball Star Sneakers in nappa leather with glitter star and shearling lining - $715 (approx. P42,134.59 )
Are Golden Goose Sneakers worth it?
It all depends on the style you get, but if you want the most bang for your buck, a white pair of sneakers that will undeniably look good with any outfit will get you there. However, if you want to wear a statement piece every time, their more quirky design variations might be the right fit for you. In any case, purchasing a pair means getting a well-made shoe that is also extremely comfortable to walk in. What a win-win situation!
How do celebrities wear their Golden Goose Sneakers?
Local celebrities have been loving these trainers, and we totally understand why! Here’s how some of them styled their stylish pair of sneaks:
1. Maggie Wilson famously brought only one pair of sneakers to match all her outfits during her trip to Europe and they just so happened to be these leopard-printed Golden Goose Ball Stars. If that’s not proof of the shoe’s versatility, then I don’t know what is!
2. We spotted the beauty-queen-turned-entrepreneur rocking another pair of Golden Goose sneaks while out and about in L.A., this time coming in a white colorway with a leopard star and navy heel tab.
3. Add a sporty touch to your dainty OOTD by way of a pair of sneakers! As seen here on Claudia Barretto, she teamed her yellow gingham maxi dress with white Super-Star Low Tops.
4. Angelina Cruz cited her pair of Golden Goose Super-Stars as one of her favorite designer items while filming her "Designer Favorites" episode for Preview. And understandably so, her gold and silver kicks exude luxury but with a modern feel to them.
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!
Hey, Preview readers! Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Tiktok, and Twitter to stay up to speed on all things trendy and creative. We’ll curate the most stylish feed for you!