In between ready-to-wear gowns and custom-made dresses, there is made-to-measure—and it's the perfect route for practical, budget-focused brides who still want to have the option to customize their dress without blowing their entire savings.
CocoMelody, a US-based atelier known for offering affordable wedding gowns from various designers, has officially opened its doors in Manila. The bridal label was only accessible to Filipinas online, but now that the global brand has its very own studio in Makati, local brides can try them out and see the dresses up close before ordering. "The biggest problem when shopping online is they're worried about the poor quality," explains Paul of CocoMelody Philippines. "Because we all have these sample dresses [in the studio], people get a sense of what they're going to receive."
The wedding dresses will be made to the bride's exact measurements, and more details can be added to the dress—so it's almost like getting a custom-made piece.
1. Highlight your curves with this body-hugging lace number.
Rosa dress, P29,864, COCOMELODY
2. Think ball gowns will make you look shorter? The empire cut of this tulle gown creates the illusion of a longer bottom.
"A-line gowns [like this dress] are perfect for petite brides," adds Puey Quinones, a Los Angeles-based Filipino designer and the creative director of CocoMelody.
Mona dress, P27,141, COCOMELODY
3. This gown's delicate design is hard to miss: Lace, tulle, sequins and super-thin ribbon straps make up this dreamy wedding dress.
Take a look at its sweet low-back detail:
LD3932 dress, P36,218, COCOMELODY
4. A relaxed wedding dress is always a good idea when you're a beach- or garden-bound bride. We're loving the thigh-high slit!
Nimfa dress, P27,141, COCOMELODY
5. If you're looking for a more conservative style, this gown's sheer Victorian-style sleeves allow just enough skin to peep through.
Zoe dress, P27,141, COCOMELODY
6. The ribbon belt adds an elegant finishing touch to this understated ball gown.
CWZT15007 dress, P35,311, COCOMELODY
7. This high-low dress is both functional and dramatic, thanks to its long sheer train.
It's perfect for civil wedding brides, too!
LD5357 dress, P28,975, COCOMELODY
8. How refreshing is this tulle gown in a soft grey hue?
Edith dress, P27,141, COCOMELODY
Cocomelody's Manila studio is located at 208 Orbit St. Bel Air 2, Makati City. You can schedule an appointment here.
*This story originally appeared on FemaleNetwork.com. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.