Even though summer’s come to an end, the perk of living in a tropical country is that we can still go to the beach whenever we want. That being said, the year-round heat is an excuse to expand our summer wardrobe constantly, welcoming fresh pieces that are super on-trend. Our latest favorite are sheer clothes crafted in mesh, knit, and other see-through fabrics that are perfect to wear on top of your bikini. They’re cover-ups done in an elevated way.
Need a bit of guidance? Ahead, we show you how fashion girls are wearing these see-through styles to the beach.
LOOK: 10 Ways to Style a Sheer Cover-Up
1. If you’re the girl who loves to wear an oversized tee as a beach cover-up, swap it out for a mesh-net like Laureen Uy below. It holds that sporty-cool aesthetic in a more unexpected and edgy way.
2. For someone who’s a little more girly, there’s nothing as on-point as a lace cover-up. This look by Maggie Wilson is sweet and romantic, yet sexy with its sheerness. Take cues from the model-host and opt for a black bikini underneath for a daring pop.
3. A little volume is always a way to stand out. Liz Uy dons a patterned organza dress that’s complete with a collar, ultra-puffed sleeves, and a long hemline. It’s definitely very “fashion-girl,” but the sheer fabric keeps it pared-down enough for the beach.
4. It’s surprising how something slouchy and oversized can still look sultry, but such is the case for this number worn by Angelique Manto. The long-sleeved, full-length dress keeps everything covered, but is super seductive with its lightweight fabric that lets you see through the bikini underneath.
5. If you want a little more coverage, go for something with sheer panels. Angel Dei’s dress keeps her covered for the most part, but has slivers of fabric done in more open knit styles. It’s a more pared-down (yet equally fun) way to do the see-through trend.
6. For traveling, we can’t resist a piece that looks good even after hours of being stuffed in a suitcase. This dress worn by Rhea Bue wears well even with wrinkles, so much so that it adds character to the piece. When worn with a bikini of the same color, it’s incredibly chic.
7. Now this is how to make all-black look interesting. Get your go-to black bikini and have fun with the way you tie it around the waist. Finish off with a sheer skirt that adds a layer of dimension without being too loud.
8. A crocheted piece is a must for the summer, and when done in a clean silhouette and neutral color, it goes beyond trendiness and towards timelessness. Marie Lozano dons one atop a neutral-tone bikini, adding a boheme sensibility to her look.
9. You can’t go wrong with a cool crochet pattern, like the ones on Ashley Garcia’s white pants. They’re fresh, playful, and fun, and make a monochrome outfit look a little more interesting by way of texture.
10. Wearing long sleeves to the beach absolutely makes sense when done in an open-knit fabric, like this top on Angelina Cruz. It will keep you cool, all while adding a fun layer of texture to your bikini. Go the extra mile by pairing it with a funky pair of pants like the singer does.
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!