In between pants and skirts, culottes exist—and they are so comfortable to wear. The cropped, wide-legged pants have room for movement yet still carry that same professional vibe you get from wearing black slacks. It's no surprise that they've become a workwear staple! If you need inspiration on how to maximize yours, here are various ways you can style the shorter pant style:
1. Dress up a plain black pair of culottes with a printed top—but it doesn't necessarily have to be a bold print. For something still preppy and business-like, striped shirts are the way to go.
They never go out of style!
2. Balance out proportions.
Donning two loose separates at the same time can sometimes overwhelm your frame. If that's the case, wear a fitted blouse with a wide-legged pair of culottes. Or if your culottes are a little snug, you can match it with a looser top!
3. Quickly style your grey or white culottes with pastel-colored blouses for a fresh office look.
4. Got an important meeting? Nothing makes you look put-together in a flash than dressing in one color.
5. Go the dainty route with these loose trousers—show off just the right amount of skin with an off-shoulder top and throw on some heels!
6. Dress up your ever-reliable button-down shirt with a printed pair of culottes.
7. Pair it with a turtleneck for a more polished, modest vibe.
*This story originally appeared on FemaleNetwork.com. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.