Under Twitter's yet-to-launch feature “Project Lightning,” users can view collections of tweets, pictures, and videos of a single event or trending topic, instead of having to surf various hashtags or look up individual accounts.
5 important things:
1. Topics or events can be selected from a main page, like picking a channel on the telly.
2. When you click on a certain event, each tweet will fill up the entire phone screen.
3. You could browse those tweets chronologically.
4. A team of journalists curates the tweets that make it to an event channel.
5. Even people who don't have Twitter can access these events on the Twitter site.
We'll miss you, hashtags.