HONG KONG - As I made my way through the two shopping districts, I was welcomed by trendy locals walking the streets like it was their runway. Mong Kok and Causeway Bay walkers had their own senses of style, which were all eye candy! I spotted 5 commuter-friendly micro-trends:
1. The hassle-free accessory? Backpacks! Everyone was two-strapping it.
2. The all-black ensemble. Who forgets a classic?
3. Print, print, print. Hong Kongers definitely didn't forget to put that on the list!
4. Apparently overalls are a thing in HK. Another piece for comfort, I have to say.
5. Hong Kongers are all about walking so comfortable shoes are a must!
Haaave you met the sneaker squad?
Photographs by Zarah Abu
Click here for our Hong Kong food guide.