TBH, there's nothing wrong with wearing the exact same style equation to work every single day. (After all, capsule wardrobes are the bomb!) But just in case you ever feel like switching it up, here are the looks you ought to peg! Below, 10 ways to update your office OOTDs—and oh, we're encouraging you to play with your own wardrobe here. Work hard, girls!
1. One quick touch makes all the difference. Loop a length of ribbon around the waist of your usual black blazer for instant panache! Pair with plaid trousers (a huuuge trend right now, btw) for a timeless and an on-trend complement.
2. Speaking of checks, you need not stop at bottoms! We're coveting Vanessa Hong's blazer. Buy a similar one and note that if you want your blazer to pull double duties, go for an oversized option that can also function as a tiny minidress after hours.
3. The L in LBD now stands for "long." Sara Crampton's ankle-grazing black wrap dress is such a welcome addition to our collections—it's beyond flattering on any body type! Step into a pair of bright pumps (might we suggest a punchy pink?) and strut into that meeting.
4. No better time to invest in a pair of ankle boots, ladies. Here's evidence that they're worth the spend—team yours with a simple shirt-and-trousers combo to get 9-to-5 ready.
5. Layer a slinky evening slip over a crisp button-down à la Amanda Shadforth. Devil's in the deets: look closely to eye her dress's leather finish and the delicate sheer trim on her dainty top for an updated take on the 2016 trend.
6. Sweatpants? To the office? Ivania Carpio proves that it can work in more ways than one. She makes it happen with the help of starkly solemn accoutrements, like a fuss-free black turtleneck and no-nonsense shoes.
7. Try this subtle-yet-luxuriant swap: don silk instead of the usual cotton or poplin to add a dressy vibe to your look.
8. We keep telling you: a full suit doesn't have to be stuffy! Like Tricia Gosingtian, choose one in a slouchy silhouette then pair with a plain white tee and laid-back slip-ons for cool points.
9. Fear neither color nor a wide-leg pant. In fact, we suggest you do both for a good change! Remember that monochrome dressing is the quickest way to look put-together if you've got nothing but five minutes to spare.
10. Stay crisp even on casual Fridays by matching your sneakers to the rest of your look. Aimee Song knows that an all-white ensemble never fails.