If you love digging through piles of clothes in ukay-ukay shops in search of hidden gems, then you're probably also familiar with thrift flipping—a.k.a. the process of altering pieces to make them fit better or create a new article of clothing. Not only will you make unique garments, but you'll also contribute less waste to the environment!
If you're looking for some inspo, TikTok is full of thrift flip or upcycling videos. Below are some cool vids to help jumpstart your DIY journey:
1. The first rule of an ukay-ukay veteran is to never skip any section of the shop—not even the granny-looking dresses. You can turn them into cute co-ords!
2. You can sew a garter into the hem of your newly-cropped hoodie to create a ruched finish. This will give you the illusion of a smaller waist.
3. We're obsessed with how she transformed an ordinary dress into a velvet three-piece set—complete with a scrunchie!
4. Deconstructing clothes can be hard if you're a beginner. You may opt for embroidering flowers into your clothes to really personalize them.
5. Thrift flipping isn't just limited to sewing. You can also paint your clothes to give them an artsy feel.
*This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph. Minor edits have been made by the Preview.ph editors.