Summer season is here again! We have a lot of fun activities planned out for the next few months, and we’re sure you do, too. Lucky for you, we’re right here to make your summer shopping a lot easier by helping you find one of your most important travel items—the perfect pair of sunglasses, we mean! After all, no matter where you go–be it hot, cold, sunny, or chilly—you need to make sure your eyes get proper sun protection.
But FYI, sunglasses are not just about function. We believe that, as with anything in fashion, you can and should have fun with it! Go and explore different options—from various shapes and sizes to colors and finishes. There are so many pairs available on the market to suit your personal style.
To help you out, we’ve curated our top picks ranging from classic shapes to more out-of-the-box designs. We’ve broken them down into what’s appropriate for every face shape, because of course, that’s the most important factor to consider when choosing a pair of sunnies.
Update your collection with our fresh picks below:
A heart-shaped face is defined by a broad forehead and a pointy chin, almost like an inverted triangle. Because your face is most narrow at the bottom, opt for sunglasses that are a little more top-heavy to balance things out. Your go-to styles should be cat-eyed or half-rimmed designs.
1. Definitely something a little more soft and subtle than the striking cat-eye, the Maggie features a half-wing shape, which gives it a more modern vibe.
Maggie, P399, SUNNIES STUDIOS, SM Megamall
2. Tiny sunglass silhouette–check; Super skinny plastic frames–check! This pair is the ultimate cool-girl item. Plus, it comes in the prettiest pink colorway.
Lottie, P499, SUNNIES STUDIOS, SM Megamall
3. Here's a pair of sunglasses with a striking design that will surely balance a heart-shaped face nicely. You'll fall in love with the luminous pink accent of this cat-eyed pair. So cool and trendy!
All Night Sunglasses, P4349, QUAY AUSTRALIA, Zalora.com.ph
4. Brown frames and tinted lenses are a classic combination. A pair like this is sure to be a staple in your closet which will never go out of style.
Nina, P11,990, RAY-BAN, Eye Society, One Bonifacio Mall
5. So maybe you’re not super into the retro feel of cat-eyed sunnies. That’s okay because there are so much variations that are more modern for you to try out. This pair from Vogue Eyewear has soft curves and a gradient tint, which makes it more appropriate for everyday use.
Cat-eye sunglasses, P7000, VOGUE, Zalora.com.ph, P7000
6. This is another modern take on the classic cat-eye. This pair is dramatic in its own way–bigger in size, and with super thick black frames! It's definitely an attention-catcher.
Kitti, P2599, QUAY AUSTRALIA, Seek the Uniq
7. If you love rounded sunglasses, this is a fabulous pair that would complement you perfectly. The slightly angled edges and brow bone detail makes it fitting for a heart-shaped face. Also, don’t you just love the cool reflective lenses?
Elle, P4599, QUAY AUSTRALIA, Zalora.com.ph
8. Having a heart-shaped face doesn’t mean you have to shy away from larger frames. As long as it’s still top-heavy, it will keep your features well-balanced.
Retro Sunglasses, P1295, MANGO, Robinsons Place Manila
9. This oversized pair comes with beautiful patterned white acetate frames that make for a glamorous touch. The colored polarized lenses in a coral pink shade make it look really summer-ready as well.
Polarized sunglasses, P2290, H&M, SM Megamall
10. With sunglasses, it’s all about the subtle design details that make it special. This pair comes with super skinny metal frames that give it such a chic and clean feel. Plus, the gold hardware adds a certain cool factor to the whole look.
Tinted sunglasses, P1295, ZARA, Greenbelt 5
11. Yes, you can wear a rounded design if you have a heart-shaped face, but keep in mind the balance. Opt for sunnies that have an emphasized rim just like this.
Semi-Precious Stone Shades, P4199, CHARLES & KEITH, Greenbelt 5
12. Don’t be intimidated by the unique hanging design—it will easily match the dimensions of a heart-shaped face. Get it in this beautiful light blue colorway that makes it feminine, fun, and summer-ready.
Hanging Aviators, P3999, CHARLES & KEITH, TriNoma
13. You didn’t think we’d make a sunglass shopping list without including this classic style did you? The Ray-Ban Wayfarer is perfect for a heart-shaped face because of the upper rim detail, which balances your features.
Wayfarers, price unavailable, RAY-BAN, Eye Society, UP Town Center
A round face shape is defined by a forehead and jaw that are equally wide, and cheekbones that are slightly wider. The most prominent feature are your cheeks, which you can balance out with your sunglasses. Opt for designs with sharper curves—oversized, rectangular, and angular—to sort of offset the roundness of your face and emphasize your features.
14. Matrix-style sunnies are forever stylish! Satisfy your skinny-frame appetite with this pair that comes with skinny metal rims, unique triangle frame, and smokey lenses.
Milan Sunglasses, P2500, PRIVE REVAUX, Zalora.com.ph
15. Take your summer outfits up a notch with a super edgy pair like this. The sharp corners of this squared frames make for a cat-eye effect that will definitely complement a rounded face shape.
Xenia, P399, SUNNIES STUDIOS, SM North EDSA
16. Here's another eye-catching pair to add edge to your look. These plastic-framed, oversized sunnies give off such a cool futuristic vibe
Rex, P499, SUNNIES STUDIOS, SM North EDSA
17. We’re obsessed with monochromatic sunglasses! They give any pair of sunglasses such a high-fashion feel. These oversized cat-eye frames come in a brown-hued tint. You can never go wrong with neutrals!
Marina Sunglasses, P4249, LOCAL SUPPLY, Zalora.com.ph
18. This pair's buttery colorway is divine! The frames come in a warm cream shade with orange tinted lenses. Doesn't it remind you of watching sunset by the beach?
Cat-eye sunnies, P1295, MANGO, TriNoma
19. Summer’s the time to experiment with a little color! A violet tinted pair of sunnies like this one is super fun to mix with your outfits. Plus, it comes with a beautiful gold frame that keeps the overall look classy and grown-up.
Sunnies, P799, H&M, SM Aura
20. Now here's a pair that makes you want to boogie! The skinny tortoise shell frame with oversized square lens give such a groovy '70s feel.
Bruce sunglasses, P2500, PRIVE REVAUX, Priverevaux.ph
21. This rectangular silhouette is made extra edgy with the super sharp corners. It’ll give you the angles you need to complement your round face shape. Plus, it’s finished off with a super thick tortoise shell frame that's just too cool.
Tortoise Shell sunglasses, P2199, CHARLES & KEITH, Power Plant
22. You can never go wrong with classic rectangular sunglasses. This pair is perfected with the curves so smooth, the lines so clean, and the finish so luxe.
Classic Rectangular Shades, P3599, CHARLES & KEITH, Power Plant
23. We’re all for timeless sunglasses that can be worn no matter what time of the year it is. This summery pair, with its rectangular form and skinny gold frame, is also a transitional piece.
Smokey Lens Sunglasses, P799, BERSHKA, Glorietta 2
24. Black oversized sunnies will always remind us of Audrey Hepburn. Match this with a chic head wrap or a turban and double the chicness!
City Eyewear, P2899, CHARLES & KEITH, Power Plant
25. Doesn't this pair make you yearn to watch the sun set while sitting on the beach? The soft colors are totally reminiscent of its beautiful palette.
Retro Sunglasses, P1295, MANGO, Greenbelt 5
An oval-shaped face is defined by having a face slightly longer than it is wide. The widest feature are the cheekbones, with the forehead rounded and the jawline sharp. If you have this face shape, consider yourself lucky. It’s known to be the type that easily complements all sunglass shapes. That being said, you have more reason to explore! Go for different designs that are bold and daring, and have as much fun with it as you can.
26. Red frames are a little daring, but in a translucent frame like this, it’ll definitely be wearable for everyday use.
Charlotte, P499, LILY + JONES, lilyandjones.com
27. Go for a bold stunner like this one. The unique shape–triangular with super sharp angles–will definitely turn heads!
Acetate Frame Sunglasses, P1295, MANGO, Greenbelt 5
28. Care for a micro pair? These tiny translucent sunnies are definitely on the top of our shopping list. We love everything from the cat-eye shape, to the translucent frames, to the gradient lenses.
Micro Sunglasses, P1295, MANGO, Greenbelt 5
29. Another micro pair of sunnies, this one comes in a metal oval frame that can give any outfit a nostalgic '90s vibe. Pair it with your favorite beach overalls and a bucket hat to get the full look.
Miro Sunglasses, P499, SUNNIES STUDIOS, UP Town Center
30. Another pair of super skinny sunnies that we love, this pair gives high-fashion matrix vibes at its finest–with a super slim frame and sharp angles all around.
Delta Sunglasses, P499, SUNNIES STUDIOS, SM Annex
31. There’s something about a green gradient that’s so sophisticated. Combine it with fun golden accents and you’re ready to be the most fabulous jet-setting lady!
Wire frame sunglasses, P3499, CHARLES & KEITH, Greenbelt 5
32. If you’re in need of something more out-of-the-box, a half-rimmed design is definitely a yes! The details of the frame make this pair feel one-of-a-kind, and the pastel color is an added bonus.
Angular Frame Aviators, P1295, CHARLES & KEITH, Greenbelt 5
33. This fashion-forward pair will add so much personality to your whole look.
Half-Frame Cat-Eye, P995, BERSHKA, SM Aura
34. Now for a completely rimless design, opt for this brightly tinted pair in a sharp rectangular form. The early 2000s called; they want their sunnies back!
Tinted lens sunglasses, P695, BERSHKA, Glorietta 2
35. The clear frame and light tinted lens combo makes for such an easy-breezy look.
Escapade Sunglasses, P3489, LE SPECS, Zalora.com.ph
36. Sometimes, all you need is a beautifully colored set of lens and you’re good to go! These oversized sunnies have reflective ones in a mesmerizing sunset-inspired palette, and we’re absolutely in love!
Chrissy, P799, LILY + JONES, lilyandjones.com
37. This pair is such a classic design, but the red gradient makes it more modern and unique. We’re sure this is just the thing you need to add personality to your monochromatic looks.
High Key Mini Sunglasses, P4399, QUAY AUSTRALIA, Zalora.com.ph
38. Here's an unexpected twist on the classic aviator. The Echo is an oversized style with a subtle cat-eye twist.
Echo Sunglasses, P4749, LE SPECS, Zalora.com.ph
A square-shaped face is defined by a wide forehead, prominent cheekbones, and most notably, a strong jawline. Because your face is so angled (how we wish to have supermodel-esque chiseled features like yours), you can balance it out with your sunglasses. Choose pairs with gentle curves and smooth lines, and those with features like rimless frames to soften your features.
39. If you’re looking for an investment piece that will last you forever, a classic Ray Ban Aviator is your best friend. This will look good with absolutely any outfit!
Tinted lens sunglasses, P10,800, RAY-BAN, Eye Society, UP Town Center
40. Here's something a little more oversized for girls who love that front-row-at-fashion-week feel. This one comes in a stark black frame that’s definitely runway-viewing ready.
Oversized sunglasses, P1295, MANGO, Greenbelt 5
41. Who can say no to a tortoise shell frame? Not us. And it’s made with such a smooth and slim formation that makes the pair doubly irresistible!
Vogue, P5000, VOGUE EYEWEAR, Zalora.com.ph
42. Retro-meets-modern in this pair of rounded sunglasses. The combination of tortoise shell frames and tinted lenses gives it a more modern feel.