Commuting in a tropical country may include a lot of smoke, dirt, and sweat, but that doesn't mean you have to compromise your OOTD just to stay comfortable. Below are 10 commuter chic looks you can cop to stay stylish even when you're out and about.
1. The most sensible top to commute in would be a simple T-shirt you can easily elevate by wearing a pair of high-waisted trousers. Not only do the trousers bring in some sophistication to your look, they make your legs look longer as well. Complete the look with low, block-heeled sandals to make it easy for you to walk around.
2. If you're wearing a long-sleeved shirt, stick to soft and thin fabrics so you don't end up sweating in the LRT. Remember to stick to a looser cut to keep it breezy. Tuck your shirt into your pants and cinch with a statement belt for a more structured silhouette.
3. On especially sweltering days, you can elevate a simple tank and jeans combo with a pair of combat boots fit for walking around all day. Finish with a pageboy cap for a chic commute look that'll protect you from the sun while you're out public utility vehicle-hopping.
4. You can also try on a loose shirt like Vivoree, and pair it with an A-line denim skirt so you don't have to worry about it flying away on windy days. Make your outfit more interesting by completing your look with fishnet socks and a pair of platform sneakers.
5. Pack light and ease your commute by only bringing around a small shoulder bag. They're especially handy during rush hour madness in the MRT when you have to fit yourself into an already loaded train.
6. Try on this season's blazer and chunky sneakers trend. You can beat the heat by wearing a crop top underneath your blazer or any sleveless top in a light fabric.
7. Never underestimate the power of accessorizing! Elevate your basic T-shirt and trousers look by throwing on some bling. Keep your accessories to a minimum, but keep the look eye-catching with a choker, a pair of dainty hoop earrings, and thin bracelets.
8. Keep it simple yet smart by wearing a light and comfortable polo dress paired with your favorite white sneakers. Again, small shoulder bags are your best friends, and this one goes well with this outfit for a dainty accent. Accessorize with sunglasses to spare your eyes from the sun and to rack up extra style points as well.
9. Try a tight-fitting tee with fringed flare jeans for contrast and finish with a pair of mules or low-heeled shoes.
10. If you're simply going to the mall or running errands, go for a cropped boxy tee and jeans. Complete this cool and laidback look by tying a parka around your waist, and busting out your chunky sneakers. If you're looking to add a feminine twist to this sporty look, style it with a necklace and small hoop earrings.