Though height ain't always might, we freely admit that sometimes a little boost is what we need to really make an outfit work. Enter, on that note, the platform...which perhaps to your well-trained eye is near-painfully reminiscent of the Gossip Girl-fueled late '00s, when its round, peep-toed, stiletto-heeled iterations were considered the stilt du jour. Cringe! We've long quit those dated versions, but do note that there are definitely cool, of-the-moment ways to step up (literally).
1. Yoyo Cao's funky, optic white lace-up pick harps on the '60s mod lewk Twiggy famously pioneered. Team with menswear silhouettes to offset a long, bare leg.
2. We're not mad at platform pumps so long as a) they're pointed, and b) you style 'em like Liz Uy does. This 'fit of an oversized white tee and generously-draped pleather trousers is equal parts languid and luxe.
3. K-pop siren Sunmi turns Prada combat boot-grunge ultra-sexy via panels of sheer black lace. Those stacked soles are everything.
4. Oooh, she's got the velcros. Trust Dara Park to soften sky-high monster truck sandals with jeans and a pretty, pleated statement arm.
5. As if we weren't already obsessed with Amina Muaddi's eponymous shoe label?! Ironically, a fail-safe route is to go glitzed-out disco—the obvious reference is enough to justify absolutely anything you put on afterwards. If you must, start safe with a silken peach slip.
Hey, Preview readers! Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Tiktok, and Twitter to stay up to speed on all things trendy and creative. We’ll curate the most stylish feed for you!